I've always realy ****ing wanted to play No One By My Side by Mirrorthrone so just now I decided to attempt to tab it out...
Iv done the guitar from about 0:55 - 1:45 so I've just started it. Just wanted some feedback so far. It's one of my first tabs (I've tabbed the intros to some other songs that didn't have tabs but never finished)

So yeah please check it out and tell me what you think and hopefully you can improve on it.
Attachments:
Mirrorthrone - No One By My Side.gp5
Last edited by guitarsonist at Oct 24, 2009,
shits amazing man lol, though I think the second measure sounds a bit iffy, the rest is great!

well, not sure I guess, I guess it is correct *will go on Mirrorthrone listening binge shortly*
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Oct 24, 2009,
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
shits amazing man lol, though I think the second measure sounds a bit iffy, the rest is great!

well, not sure I guess, I guess it is correct *will go on Mirrorthrone listening binge shortly*

Thanks. Yeah i cant quite get the 2nd bar down. Im doing the piano intro now, its nearly done.
thats awesome dude, theres something about it but there two guitars and ones doing harmonics randomly I think, so no worries, for the most part it sounds good, its just the 17 that I'm questioning really, but I decided its best like this so far
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
thats awesome dude, theres something about it but there two guitars and ones doing harmonics randomly I think, so no worries, for the most part it sounds good, its just the 17 that I'm questioning really, but I decided its best like this so far

Yeah you're right the 17 doesn't quite sound right but I cant figure it out.
And also there's a pinch harmonic on the 13 at the end of that measure (the one that has a slide to 14) but I couldn't get the right harmonic on guitar pro so I left it.
I just updated it, check it out. Its just got the next riff, drums (which are quite rough especially the symbals which I pretty much just guessed) and some of the piano intro which i just worked out on my keyboard, the piano notes don't really sound right on guitar pro but they do when played on a real piano. I obviously haven't finished the piano intro.
bad ass sounds just like it, perhaps its cause on your keyb its not tuned to whatever the piano is tuned in the thing lol
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
bad ass sounds just like it, perhaps its cause on your keyb its not tuned to whatever the piano is tuned in the thing lol

Thanks man, glad someone's interested =P. Yeah could be
if I was gay I'd suck dick for tabs, no joke; or I'd just buy a guitar to tune into different tunings and practice but yeah you get the idea, I ****ing love tabs hahahaha
Well I'm glad to be making a tab for ya then haha.
Don't you have an electric guitar man?? You have to get one. Cause I just saw on your profile theres just an acoustic?
haha yeah I played guitar for three years on that thing, learned alot of At the Gates, In Flames, the first half of Spawn of Possession's Dead And Grotesque among other crap

I finally got ahold of some money so I bought a better acoustic and finally an electric, I haven't updated my profile in years

but thanks dude, shitty days + super rare Mirrorthrone tabs = peachy days hahaha!
XD haha not that much, shit was tuned to E or C or something, so never made it to B and well yeah it was pretty good I guess, but I it was only half the song lol
Are you still working on this at all Guitarsonist? Or is it a done/dead project? Because I'd like to compare my interpretation to somebody else's, or help somebody else tab it. I don't fiddle around with writing in guitar pro, it's a bigger pain than I can manage.
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
hey bubba where do you have your interpretation? lol I'll compare both of them

I don't have any tabs of it, and I haven't figured out past what I'm going to call a bridge, but it's just when the song changes sound, because I haven't worked on it for a couple of months. However, I do have a cover of what I've done so far, and I talked to Vladimir Cochet, he said it seems to be entirely right for what I have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGSQmbkcVNk
tab it out mang even if it's just simple text I 'll make it into a guitar pro and send it to ya, have you asked hi mwhat tuning he uses? i'd like to know for sure
I've talked to him. He officially plays a 7 string tuned 3 half-steps down (so C# standard for the normal 6 strings) for all albums but the one he is currently working on.
As to tabbing it out, I've considered it. I have a tab of the only hard part to learn, but i messed it up so it's inaccurate and I'm not sure what the fix for it is.

This is what I tabbed out, but it is NOT what I play, as I tabbed it out after learning and messed up some fingerings and maybe notes. If you want to wait a few days for that, I'll retab that part, and also write out the basis for the rest of the song up til when my video stopped. The song is in B Harmonic Minor though.
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------
B|--------------------------------------17b18b17--15----------------
G|------------------------------14--------------------14h16h14------
D|------------------14--15--18----------------------------------14--
A|------14--15--17--------------------------------------------------
E|--17--------------------------------------------------------------

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|--------------------------------------------------------------13--15--17-- <--- Might be 15--17--18,
G|--------------------------14--16--17--------------14--16--17-------------- as it accounts for oddities
D|--------------14--15--18--------------14--15--18--------------------------
A|--14--15--17--------------------------------------------------------------

E|--------------------------12--13--16--12--13--16--13--16--17--16--17--19--
B|--------------13--15--17--------------------------------------------------
G|--14--16--17--------------------------------------------------------------
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sounds great man ill be looking forward to it. put your post in the "code" thingy.

the tab comes out better

E|-------------------------------------------------------------------
B|--------------------------------------17b18b17--15----------------
G|------------------------------14--------------------14h16h14------
D|------------------14--15--18----------------------------------14--
A|------14--15--17--------------------------------------------------
E|--17--------------------------------------------------------------

B|--------------------------------------------------------------13--15--17-- <--- Might be 15--17--18,
G|--------------------------14--16--17--------------14--16--17-------------- as it accounts for oddities
D|--------------14--15--18--------------14--15--18--------------------------
A|--14--15--17--------------------------------------------------------------

E|--------------------------12--13--16--12--13--16--13--16--17--16--17--19--
B|--------------13--15--17--------------------------------------------------
G|--14--16--17--------------------------------------------------------------
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at May 13, 2015,