7 12%
PRS
4 7%
Jackson
9 16%
Other (please specify)
13 23%
Voters: 57.
which brand generally gives you more bang for your buck when purchasing an electric guitar in your opinion?
Schecter? Hello!?!?!

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
it`s a unanswerable question, different manufacturers offer different features and it`s down to the player what features they want.
I'd say Fender. I mean, you can get your own custom Custom Shop models, with prices starting at £1800. That's quite cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
there are currently a fair few lesser known UK based companies which offer great value for money that put companies like fender and gibson to shame.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it's probably the guitars in the ~£500-700 region.
They still play as well as the top end/most expensive models and are also kitted out with decent spec, you starting to get OFR's rather than just licensed ones etc. maybe comes with non-stock pick-ups. Depending on whether you're lucky you could end up with a guitar that is of the standard of the more expensive models in terms of wood etc.. They're just more hit and miss.
Above ~£1000 you don't get anything MORE with a more expensive guitar, you just get something different.
Why don't more people vote for ESP?

If you take all the guitars ever made worth 300 bucks, ESP has the best, no question.

EDIT: and by ESP, I mean LTD haha
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Washburn, in the UK it's hard to find guitars such well priced as these. In the US though, they're about average.
Quote by Baby Joel
Washburn, in the UK it's hard to find guitars such well priced as these. In the US though, they're about average.

maybe it's different in london but where i am it just seems hard to find washburns.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Denmark Street has a few. They're mainly on online retailers, so its hard to try them out, but there's a few places where you can go to try.
Quote by doive
... maybe comes with non-stock pick-ups....

Wait, what?

The pickups that come in a guitar are stock pickups, that's what they're called. It doesn't matter what brand or how good they are, they're still stock pickups.

On topic, I voted for Jackson. Particularly with the Pro/MG series, you get fantastic workmanship, Seymour Duncans or EMGs, a solid and reliable trem and fantastic playability. You lose out on cosmetic touches, but those matter very little compared to how the guitar plays and sounds.
ahh schecter??!?!? how could you leave that one out?
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
Quote by Lil Macker
I'd say Fender. I mean, you can get your own custom Custom Shop models, with prices starting at £1800. That's quite cool.

I'd agree, Fender out of the major companies definitely gives you a bang for your buck. However, in my experience, Ibanez definitely has better guitars than what they're worth, especially if they're setup right.
Definitely Schecter.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
right now in that 600 dollar price range, LTD 1000 series are on sale at sam ash, so i'd say those are the "bang for the buck" at the moment. on a normal day, i'd go with schecter if im looking for a low price and a plethora of features.
Considering you can pick up a custom shop Carvin starting at about $700, I'd say that's a ****in' steal. Also Godin makes some awesome guitars for the cash.
ya sorry i forgot about schecter. im assuming that that is the brand most people who voted other were thinking of.
I'd say the higher end versions of LTD guitars. Basically from serial 400 and above, is a really really good deal. Good guitar for good money. Below 400, you can find better, but when it gets above, it really gets good for cheap.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!