I have a boss gt-6 and a marshall practice amp. obviously the amp is not powerful enough for the board. can i hook the board directly to a speaker cabinet without the use of an amp or head?
no. the board needs preamplification then power amplification. definitely need the amp, and there isn't a question if whether the amp is "powerful enough" for the board, i'm not sure what you mean there =S
when i play through my amp certain patches just don't sound good. i have a little marshall mg10cd amp. can i run the gt-6 through the amp then to the speaker cab?
Quote by jimmyhat2
when i play through my amp certain patches just don't sound good. i have a little marshall mg10cd amp. can i run the gt-6 through the amp then to the speaker cab?

Your effects unit is more expensive than your actual amp. Having a speaker cabinet for a marshall 10 watt practice amp isnt very economic either I'm afraid to say as the amp isnt meant for much more than than to be a small portable practice amp.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I know. I came across the gt-6 at a very good price so I couldn't pass it up. Are there any suggestions for a good amp that won't leave me in debt for the rest of my life?
Quote by jimmyhat2
I know. I came across the gt-6 at a very good price so I couldn't pass it up. Are there any suggestions for a good amp that won't leave me in debt for the rest of my life?

no amp will do that. What music do you play?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
i think the speaker on the amp is starting to go to, so that doesn't help. i play mostly metal, metallica, pantera, slayer. I like a nice clean tone every now and then to. I was looking at the spider 3. they seem to have some pretty good reviews.
Quote by jimmyhat2
i think the speaker on the amp is starting to go to, so that doesn't help. i play mostly metal, metallica, pantera, slayer. I like a nice clean tone every now and then to. I was looking at the spider 3. they seem to have some pretty good reviews.

???

just get a new amp, not a Spider. A spider will put you in exactly the same position you're in now.