Hey UG,

Im having a bit of trouble:

Ok so im trying to set up my distorion like John Frusciante. I have a Big Muff and a Boss DS-2 in my chain and i read somewhere that he uses a combination of the two.
Does anyone know what order and what settings to use, because whenever i try i get a muddy squashed noise

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
It could definitely be down to your amp.

Ok, Could and Defiantly are two different forms of probability that don't fit together at all lol but i get your point.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ledzep149
what guitar are you using that could be it

2008 Fender Stratocaster
My Gig Rig...

First
he has a Marshal Major and a Marshal Silver Jubilee and i don't think that he uses both at the same time
he may use the Big Muff for some songs and the DS-2 for other songs

EDIT: Damn! i wrote "Marshal" instead of "Marshall"
Hola.
Last edited by luyano at Oct 24, 2009,
slane castle is big muff
SA tour was ds-2

ds-2 is cool cos of turbo
Quote by ChiliFan01
Ok, Could and Defiantly are two different forms of probability that don't fit together at all lol but i get your point.

I suppose I meant to say "It could be down to your amp".
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!