I just bought a guitar strap the other day to put on my bass guitar. It was fine, although a little tight aroung the strap buttons >.<

As for my question, do you guys take off your guitar strap when putting them on their cases or not? I just noticed that a part of the stitch in the leather around the button hole is already stitched up from my constant taking-off of the strap after use and installing it back when i use it again.
I've got strap locks so I don't bother taking them off, but even before i got the locks i never took off the strap. Another thing is that certain straps wear off faster than others because of the material, the woven fabric like Fender straps usually seem to hold up nicely for me.
i used to take it off
but now i gotstrap locks...very good keeps the strap good
I've got a leather strap and use strap locks so I just leave it on.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
I guess I'm the opposite - I've got the Dunlop Straplocks that quick detach, so now I take the strap off, where before I never would for fear of stretching the holes.
I have Straplocks but I take the strap off all the time (just not the anchor obviusly).
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
And wouldn't you rather have a wrinkled strap than a guitar laying on the floor with a cracked neck?
I have a 3" leather strap and I just try to lay it flat along the top horn side of my bass. works fine and the strap is 2 or 3 years old now. no noticeable wear.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu