The situation is that my friend recently found two incredible basses at a Flea Market. The two being an Ibanez Limited Edition SRXHRG1 H.R. Giger bass and a Spector USA red-stained NS2 bass. My friend is offering me either one for $299.99, and he'll end up keeping the other one. I use slapping techniques quite a lot, and love to cover basslines from bands such as the french-duo, Justice, and also Daft Punk as innocent fun. My instructor considers me an intermediate-advanced player. Yet, I am currently working with an Epiphone 4-String Embassy Standard in transparent blue finish. To make matters worse, I have a major concert performance in the upcoming days, and my friend will be back from vacation the night before. Leaving me little time to actually test the basses out and compare. So, I'm turning to you guys for your opinion on which of the two basses, an Ibanez H.R. Giger or Spector USA NS2 bass is best for slapping and basically $300. The conditions of the basses are pretty much Like New. Here are the specifics, and thanks for your opinions!

Ibanez Limited Edition SRXHRG1 H.R. Giger 4-String Bass

The Ibanez SRX HR Giger bass is a limited edition instrument with incredible custom HR Giger graphics and the tone and playability that make an SRX bass a true powerhouse. No-frills simplicity, powerful tones and effortless playability have made SRX the choice of players from hardcore metal artists to legendary studio bassist Carol Kaye. What other bass can say that? Super high-output Passive Full Range pickups with exposed pole pieces redefine the meaning of loud. Simple-to-operate 2-band EQ or PHAT active bass boosts let you play more bass and less controls.
Ibanez SRX HR Giger Limited Edition Bass Guitar Features and Specifications

SRX body style with the first Giger graphic on a bass
Basswood body for good attack and resonance
3-piece maple neck through body
Heavy duty Accu-Cast b200 Bridge
Neck Pickup: Ibanez Passive Full Range PFR-4N with exposed coils for added punch
Bridge Pickup: Ibanez Passive Full Range PFR-4B with exposed coils for added punch
Electronics: 2 band EQ

AND THEN...

Spector U.S.A. : Neck-Thru Series NS-2

(Invalid img)

• Original Spector NS curved body style • Graphite Reinforced 3pc Neck-Thru Rock Maple Neck, 24 Fret Pau Ferro Fingerboard, abalone Spector inlays • Gold Hardware, including Spector Solid Brass Locking Bridge, Gotoh GB7 Tuners and Straplocks.

Again, sorry for the long post. :-P Anyway, hope to hear your opinions!!!
I have a feeling that the Spector is better.

I played a few and I really liked them.

Then again I'm a guitarist.
ಠ_ಠ