Our guitar player broke the headstock off one of his les pauls last night. Can we glue and clamp it or does it need to be reinforced somehow.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Do you have pictures? If it's a clean break, it should just be able to be glued and clamped. The glue itself will provide reinforcement- if you use Titebond Original it will dry harder and stiffer than wood.
Well I figured there was something to do with the design. Luckily I don't like les pauls all too much
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Quote by buddyboombotz
Well I figured there was something to do with the design. Luckily I don't like les pauls all too much

Besides the headstock angle which can leave you with a natural cleave point where the grain runs across the headstock just around the top of the neck, another factor is the wood removed for the truss Rod. There's more taken out because the rod has a nut that needs clearance for the nut driver. Fender style with internal hex key needs just enough to feed the rod thru. Ideally you're not supposed to drop your guitar at all, and while Gibson style often get a broken headstock or top of the neck splintering, I've seen plenty of bolt-ons where the neck pocket side cracks as the neck is wrenched sideways in the pocket.
Moving on.....