Well i saw ac dc last year october 30th at the allstate arena and then my friend went and saw them November 1st at the allstate arena.Well wen my friend got back from the concert i was all excited and asked them wat did they do at your show and wat songs they played.Well wen he told everything they did and wat songs they played everything was the exact same thing as it was at my concert.Then i looked it up on youtube and all the concerts have been like the exact same thing.I was wondering if they always did that and if they didnt wy would they be doing that now?x
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
They play the same songs with the same set every night of the tour?

...lots of bands do that
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
IDK, but ACDC rocks. I love acdc threads. They are the same, but they are all mindblowing. I think angus improvs the solos though, so thats always different
Angus = god
Lots of bands pick set lists like they do with album track listing. If they have a good array of songs, all in good places, then they're likely to keep the same set list for a tour. Not unusual.
Quote by Random88

...lots of bands do that

This. Especially older bands.
Quote by Random88

...lots of bands do that

Ya thats wat there doing and like everything they do at the show is the same.Like the encore and everything.Like the videos and stuff i got of them from wen they went on tour years ago they played a different setlist everytime it seemed like.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Do you have any idea how much time/work/money and effort would have to be done to make the show completely different for every gig? (when the concert if on the scale of an AC/DC concert....small concerts can adapt though)

Generally a band will choose the set list and build the show and then repeat if for all the different places. I would of thought that was kind of obvious
Last edited by Axe Samurai at Oct 24, 2009,
There's this thing called a set-list. Look it up.

Quote by Axe Samurai
Do you have any idea how much time/work and effort would have to be done to make the show completely different for every gig?

Generally a band will choose the set list and build the show and then repeat if for all the different places.

I would of thought that was kind of obvious

The funniest thing is he expects them to do a completely different show just one night after their previous show.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Pretty much every band has the same setlist all tour. Do you know how confusing it would be to have no idea what you were playing until the show started?
Also, unless you are Dream Theater, you are unlikely to have every one of your songs rehearsed to perfection at any one time. Most bands do a tour with a fixed set list so that they can play all of the songs they need to as well as possible.

For older bands, they are likely to have a lot of songs the audience expects to be played, and will be disappointed if they are not played. For example, I doubt many Metallica gigs don't have Master of Puppets, or Motorhead shows with Ace of Spades.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1