Fir those of you out there that play piano, when you are learning a song, is it better to learn each hand separately then put them together, or is it better to just learn them at the same time?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Learn a hand at a time. Play one hand until you're fairly accurate, then switch hands. Repeat a few times then try both at once. If you still can't do it, go back to single hands for a while.
I dunno...if you're a beginner, get your right hand first, then work on your left/right co-ordination.

After a while, your hands just kinda go to the keys =/
I learn them at the same time.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by gallagher2006
I dunno...if you're a beginner, get your right hand first, then work on your left/right co-ordination.

After a while, your hands just kinda go to the keys =/

I would say I'm just past my beginner stage. I've moved onto a little more difficult piece than I'm used to. In the past I just learned the right hand until it was imprinted in my brain, then I worked in the left. I wasn't sure if it would be faster to just start learning it with both hands at once.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
It can be useful to learn them separately, but if you have time, it's might be a good idea to start trying to learn them together, to help you get into the habbit. It'll probably help improve you as a player overall, and of course your sight-reading will get a lot better.

Nothing wrong with one hand at a time though if it's way easier.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Obviously you need to know each hand separately, but you will never learn to play both at the same time without practicing that. Just take it as slow as needed to get the timing down.
I usually start with the right hand, then add only the root notes of chords with the left hand, and then full chords.
it depends. only you can tell whether you can play with both hands straight off or not.
learning each hand individually all the time and then putting them together would be extremely tedious once you're familiar with sight reading for each individual hand... so i'd say try with both.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Whatever works better for you. Some people are naturally better at "multitasking" than others.

If you're a beginner though, I would suggest learning each hand separately.