well, i listened to some of his songs, i liked his style but i dont know anything more about his music
Wikipedia says that he has a LOT of albums and i dont know where to start
any suggestions?
thanks
Hola.
Start from his first album and then just keep buying them in chronological order. That's what I do when I am discovering an artist
Binge and Grab is a great Buckethead song.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
nah dawg, population override is definitely his gem
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
jordan, nigth of the slunk, nottingham lace, soothsayer , and too many humans

esp jordan and soothsayer
Tom Morello -
Every day on the street I have people coming up me and going, “Dude, I kicked your ass at Guitar Hero!” I’m like, “Yes, it’s a video game. You should get out more.”

Quote by the_hoodster
Start from his first album and then just keep buying them in chronological order. That's what I do when I am discovering an artist

That's actually not a good idea with Buckethead; his earlier stuff is pretty messed up.
With Buckethead I'd take a listen to Crime Slunk Scene, Decoding the Tomb of the Bansheebot, and A Real Diamond in the Rough. For albums anyway
For songs, check out Lurker at the Threshold (The whole thing compiled together can be found on Youtube), Final Wars, Soothsayer, Big Sur Moon, and For Mom (Early Version).
1) Giant Robot
2) Crime Slunk Scene
3) Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot
4) Inbred Mountain
5) Enter the Chicken
6) Colma (softer)
7) A Real Diamond in the Rough (softer)
8) Electric Tears (softer)
9) Monsters and Robots
10) Population Override
11) Pepper's Ghost
12) Transmutation (Mutatis Matandis) - an album with Praxis
13) The Dragons of Eden
14) Albino Slug

For his more ambient work, check out Death Cube K.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Firstly, why not start with his free album - Giant Robot NTT? Not only is it free, it's easily one of his best. Here it is;

320kmp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJVSTWSS

Apple lossless
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EI7JCVSS

Quote by Raijouta
1) Giant Robot
2) Crime Slunk Scene
3) Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot
4) Inbred Mountain
5) Enter the Chicken
6) Colma (softer)
7) A Real Diamond in the Rough (softer)
8) Electric Tears (softer)
9) Monsters and Robots
10) Population Override
11) Pepper's Ghost
12) Transmutation (Mutatis Matandis) - an album with Praxis
13) The Dragons of Eden
14) Albino Slug

For his more ambient work, check out Death Cube K.

Great list.

I've been listening to the Dragons of Eden lately, and he's got some awesome licks on that one. Also check out Thanatopsis - Axiology.
Some of his stuff is downright unlistenable noise. Some of his stuff is incredibly awesome. There will surely be some stuff you like, and some stuff you hate, I reckon. I'm still working through albums, but so far:

I love:
A Real Diamond in the Rough
Colma
Acoustic Shards

I hate:
The viggo mortenson stuff
blueprints
dawn of the deli creeps
enter the chicken

Crime Slunk Scene is frustrating. There are times when you go from pure awesome to ear percing awfulness....IN THE SAME SONG! That is annoying.
some of his praxis stuff is very cool either, endtime by praxis is (for me) his best composition. interworld and the now innocence and animal behavior(outro) are also very good. make sure you check the interworld solo from secret recipe on youtube, it's mindblowing