I wrote this song a while back and decided i should record it today. i play through an american 57 reissue strat with an ibanez weeping demon wah pedal and plugged into a vox tube amp/guitar rig 3 (which sucks out most of my tone ) will c4c, just post a link to your song.

enjoy

Click here for the song or go to my profile
Last edited by madshatter at Oct 25, 2009,
Wow, that's actually pretty impressive to me. I couldn't play along with all that strumming and layered chords, and the part at the beginning is really cool, with the little lead lines on the strum guitar.
I liked your soloing too, you know your hendrix style really well.

Ultimately, though, it ain't really my kind of thing, but it was fun to listen to, you're good at what you do.
Wow, this is very nice. Your playing is excellent, I also hear some Jimi Hendrix influence. The lead tone was great and the solo was very well played. Good phrasing and melodies in there. And the song actually sounded really full for only having two guitar tracks.

If I had to complain about anything then I'd say maybe unpan the lead from the left. I don't know if you did that intentionally but I think it would sound better centered. And the lead track was clipping at some points but that's not a big issue. Good work overall, I'm impressed.

My technical skill pales in comparison to yours, haha, but here's mine:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208274
Quote by shortyafter
Wow, this is very nice. Your playing is excellent, I also hear some Jimi Hendrix influence. The lead tone was great and the solo was very well played. Good phrasing and melodies in there. And the song actually sounded really full for only having two guitar tracks.

If I had to complain about anything then I'd say maybe unpan the lead from the left. I don't know if you did that intentionally but I think it would sound better centered. And the lead track was clipping at some points but that's not a big issue. Good work overall, I'm impressed.

My technical skill pales in comparison to yours, haha, but here's mine:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208274

I've been trying to find a way to get it to stop playing only out of the left. no idea why it does that. as far as the clipping, i think that might be your computer or speakers. guitar rig 3 is very simple and relatively cheap to record however it kills your tone and for some reason I can't get it to play out of the right speaker.
I'd re-record the guitar at a lower volume because the frequency overloading is making it clip practically all the way through. Oh, and make it stereo

Also, just want to talk about your lead playing. It sounds like mindless shredding in a Dire Straites kinda way, and the whole song lacks a direction. Work on setting out parts instead of just playing one progression for 2 minutes and soloing over it later on.
Quote by gallagher2006
I'd re-record the guitar at a lower volume because the frequency overloading is making it clip practically all the way through. Oh, and make it stereo

Also, just want to talk about your lead playing. It sounds like mindless shredding in a Dire Straites kinda way, and the whole song lacks a direction. Work on setting out parts instead of just playing one progression for 2 minutes and soloing over it later on.

it doesn't clip at all on my computer at all however i guess mine is different. Also been trying to work on the whole stereo issue for a while. not sure what the problem is but I can't get it to play out of the right speaker.

thanks for the honest critique as well.
Hey thanks for the crit

It sounds like Jimi, that's pretty cool and relax! I Like the rhythm!

Your strat sounds awesome, but yeah the wah sounds isn't great by moments, you should try to put more basses in it !

Good skills too!

Thanks again your good critique, I answered to you in the thread by the way, the link is in my signature
cool strumming. and great guitar player. that was funky. very clasic rock/who ish. i dug it. vocals would be great for this though. and just have a long solo. great great playing though. if i only had a fraction of that talent lol. good stuff man. nit much else to say on this one. i was hoping it would be longer though. i say build on this. nice job man.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22128301#post22128301
great! i liked it, what goutar you using for this? its a strat? sounded great, im sending a friend request when i've finnished here, i love the blues.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
hmmm sweet guitar skills. Really cool song, very bluesy.
I gotta say I like the guitar sound a lot. Which guitar is it? A Strat? And what effect are you using? Sounds like some sort of fixe wah.
Really nice man.

Thanks for your crit by the way.