Poll: which one should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: which one should i get?
the sexy purple neck-through bich
17 52%
the black bich from the 80's
16 48%
Voters: 33.
i'm stuck between 2 guitars. the bridge does not make a difference
based on looks the new one obviously wins, but i need to know what a botu playability & quality of craftmanship
a 2000's bc rich bich nj series neck through
Pros:it's sexy, neck-through, has floyd rose
cons: it's a turd to change strings

and a bc rich bich nj series made between 1980-84
Pros: Everyone raves about the quality of 80's BCR's
Cons: Bolt on, some damage to finish

still cant decide which i want
EDIT: ↓no answers like his unless you can justify them
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Oct 24, 2009,
how about don't get a BC rich and get a good guitar
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37

+1
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I have heard that 80's BC riches are awesome. Is it just me or do the fretboards appear huge.
Anyways i would get option 2
DO IT,most people are going to hop on the bandwagon and say, DONT DO IT BC RICH SUCKS. low end modles, yes, they do, but i can justify it because i have played MANY, high end or old bc rich are awesome man, do it.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
The purple one by far! Looks way better! Neck-through>bolt-on. The black one has shite pickups, tacky chrome hardware, logo's ugly, and just looks cheap in general, while the purple one looks high-end.
Last edited by TheOpenMind at Oct 24, 2009,
Quote by TheOpenMind
The purple one by far! Looks way better! Neck-through>bolt-on. The black one has shite pickups, tacky chrome hardware, logo's ugly, and just looks cheap in general, while the purple one looks high-end.

but you have to keep in mind that the one from the 80's is probably way higher quality
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
^What?
Quote by webbtje
get the black one, 80's bc rich are really good guitars.

All the bc rich bashers, grow up, and if you can meanwhile, try something better than the starter 150$ bc rich you have put your fatty little kid fingers on.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
I haven't played an 80's one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I have played the NJ series (in 2004). I wasn't impressed by the muddiness of the pickups. Build quality wasn't so bad, I s'pose.

EDIT: A bit of research has shown that unless it says "BC Rico" on the headstock, then the 80's guitar is made in the US and features DiMarzio pickups.

The guitar in the picture is a "Son of Rich", made in america as a cheaper alternative to the neck-thru Bich model. Some of the necks were made by Wayne Charvel.
Last edited by sashki at Oct 24, 2009,
Quote by sashki
I haven't played an 80's one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I have played the NJ series (in 2004). I wasn't impressed by the muddiness of the pickups. Build quality wasn't so bad, I s'pose.

EDIT: A bit of research has shown that unless it says "BC Rico" on the headstock, then the 80's guitar is made in the US and features DiMarzio pickups.

The guitar in the picture is a "Son of Rich", made in america as a cheaper alternative to the neck-thru Bich model. Some of the necks were made by Wayne Charvel.

i called the guy, he said that right on the neck plate it says made in japan on the 80's one. i too have a 2003 or 2004 nj series, it's the beast in my avatar, as you can see i replaced the pups because they sucked and i could even tell that on a 15w spider III
Quote by webbtje
Quote by GODhimself37
How about you get off the bandwagon and try a mid-high ranged BC Rich instead of the low end ones.
The purple is PIMP and the neck through will give better sustain. Id go for the purple
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by SunDrop
neither...they both are ugly.

Each to his own i guess, but i just love the body shape on these. I think the bich just emanates sexiness. GARH! I cant make up my mind
Quote by webbtje
I say the newer one. I like both but the new one looks awesome. Of course you should try both if you can and see how they play and sound pick the better of the two.

BC Rick makes a great guitar don't let people scare you off. All you have to do is stay away from the Bronze series.

John
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
How about you get off the bandwagon and try a mid-high ranged BC Rich instead of the low end ones.

How about i don't just hop on bandwagons because i wanna look cool, i used to work at a place that had a shit ton of BC Rich's in stock because the owner loved 'em, and i picked up the most expensive one one day and it sounded like vietnamese people were getting their intestines pullout out of their throats.

So stfu i know what i'm talking about

Quote by GODhimself37
and it sounded like vietnamese people were getting their intestines pullout out of their throats.

If I found a guitar that literally sounded like that, i'd never let it go. That's seriously metal.
Yeah man, thats pretty friggin brutal. I'd buy that guitar.
Quote by webbtje
Quote by guns for hire
If I found a guitar that literally sounded like that, i'd never let it go. That's seriously metal.

i hope that was sarcasm.

Quote by GODhimself37
i hope that was sarcasm.

absolutely serious. I'd get off to their screams and to the thought of the immense pain being caused.
Last edited by guns for hire at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by GODhimself37
sounded like vietnamese people were getting their intestines pullout out of their throats.

The perfect tone

stick with your Affinity , i'm glad you dont like bc rich, as a lot of people. it keeps the price of quality axes low.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals