Page 1 of 2
Quote by the article
"Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) introduced a bill in the Senate on Thursday that would effectively allow Internet service providers to slow down or block Internet content or applications of their choosing.

The move came the same day as the federal government decided to move forward on an official Net neutrality policy that would prevent ISPs from making those types of decisions.

The FCC's new rules would prevent ISPs, for example, from blocking or slowing bandwidth-hogging Web traffic such as streaming video or other applications that put a strain on their networks or from charging different rates to users.

McCain "called the proposed Net neutrality rules a 'government takeover' of the Internet that will stifle innovation and depress an 'already anemic' job market in the US."

But supporters of Net neutrality argue that the rule is needed to ensure that Internet providers don't censor content, or slow down traffic to Web sites that are in competition with their business allies."

http://rawstory.com/2009/10/mccain-net-neutrality/

TL;DR: McCain sucks, wants to ruin the internet.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Why would he do that...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I dont get it.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
communism = bad.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by freshtunes
communism = bad.

net neutrality =/= communism
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
What a moron. I think he has a blockage in his tubes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I doubt his dumb old ass even knows how to use the internet.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Ur all $h1t
net neutrality =/= communism

This, I understand why alot of Americans fear communism but calling everything you don't like communist is ridiculous.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
no, no, no.

well both obama, and mcCain are bildenburgs so i bet this is on there agenda.

they might be in "diffrent parties" hahaha, but they both belong to a global organazation.

my gees obama is gana flop on this, even tough he said he wouldnt, just like hes floped on alot of things. and when 2010 comes, the republicans are going to win over congress as the regular cycle of politics are, and pass this shit.
they already controll some facets of the internet.

on facebook alot of anti-obama propaganda is deemed as offensive and are not allowed.
kinda weird.
Republicans: Impeding progress since forever.

Seriously, do these guys even understand half the shit they propose?

EDIT: That's probably because the makers of Facebook are closet racists and feel that censoring any and all outcries against Obama makes them good people.
Last edited by st.stephen at Oct 24, 2009,
Yeah i really need this. Someone really needs to be in charge of the type of content and how much of it i can have.
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Oct 24, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
There's probably more to this story than this website is offering. I don't want to make a decision yet.

That's very un-American of you.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by Xiaoxi
What a moron. I think he has a blockage in his tubes.

More like a blockage in his youtubes lololol...
Wait, so is he trying to censor the internet, or stop internet censorship?

I'm so confused.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Wait, so is he trying to censor the internet, or stop internet censorship?

I'm so confused.

Well, I thought what it proposes is that internet providers can sell you "packages" of basic websites [eBay, Google], sort of like cable/satellite TV, and you can pay extra for "special packages" [Facebook, MySpace]. I think. My examples might be off, but regardless...

Basically yeah, ruining the internet.
Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, panic building dickhead, but all this shit with net neutrality, RFID chips etc. is just poorly hidden corrosion of our freedoms.

If these 'democrats' had their way, they would ban democracy, just as with all other political parties, in any country.

We do need to take a stand. I just don't know how....
Quote by Msu_Man04
Well, I thought what it proposes is that internet providers can sell you "packages" of basic websites [eBay, Google], sort of like cable/satellite TV, and you can pay extra for "special packages" [Facebook, MySpace]. I think. My examples might be off, but regardless...

Basically yeah, ruining the internet.

Uep, basically you're right.
Plus ISPs could also say, block access to competitor's websites, or make them so slow as to be unusable. Basically controlling the internet.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by pag_slash_2
Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, panic building dickhead, but all this shit with net neutrality, RFID chips etc. is just poorly hidden corrosion of our freedoms.

If these 'democrats' had their way, they would ban democracy, just as with all other political parties, in any country.

We do need to take a stand. I just don't know how....

Do you watch Glenn Beck?
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Don't they base all of these stats on what they say in their speeches?

All he was doing during the campaign was pandering to the right, all of the info I sent you was while he was a senator before the race. Showing his TRUE colors.
I don't trust a man in his 70's to talk about the Internet.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by SeEsAw12

All he was doing during the campaign was pandering to the right, all of the info I sent you was while he was a senator before the race. Showing his TRUE colors.

And on their policies and previous actions. Only in the USA could anyone ever even dream of calling someone like McCain a "liberal" (assuming by liberal you mean lefty, and not the actual meaning of liberal)
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by SeEsAw12

The Political Compass is also based on prior voting tendencies while in Congress.

Edit: And political compass is probably the least biased of any political website you can find.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Last edited by StratRat13 at Oct 24, 2009,
please someone explain to me how net neutrality is a government takeover of the internet. From the little I read in the OP it seems to me that all it's doing is not allowing blockage of some things.
Quote by Masamune
Do you watch Glenn Beck?

I thought you were gonna say 'Fox News'.

Oh shit, he is on Fox...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
And on their policies and previous actions. Only in the USA could anyone ever even dream of calling someone like McCain a "liberal" (assuming by liberal you mean lefty, and not the actual meaning of liberal)

Well obviously I mean someone to the far left.

All McCain really was for that was conservative was supporting the war in Iraq. Something our president now is extremely for.

and yes I saw the chart and where Obama lands in it.

But there's honestly, right now, no proving any of that.

Obama is doing whatever the hell he wants.

and McCain has always been the same. That's how all politicians are but calling McCain a conservative is stupid. He isn't.
Page 1 of 2