Ok so I'm thinking of upgrading my rig, since right now...it kind of sucks. For playing at home I usually just run my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR directly into my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, and then into Guitar Rig 4. The tones are OK but I can't take my desktop to gigs, and I'm not getting a laptop for at least a year (when I go to college). My other (guitar) gear includes a MG15DFX (haven't used it in forever), a Boss ME-20 (not too fantastic), and a Behringer Cab simulator.

Now my question is what to upgrade, for a live rig. I may sell the Hellraiser, and switch to a Electromatic Solid Body (sounded better to me). But as I have read, I need a way better amp, and probably better effects. As for style I play mostly blues, but in one of my bands I play Electrified Worship Music, which can be characterized as pop rock, with a touch of modern.

Help?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Advice?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Why do you have a Hellraiser if you want to play blues?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I would just keep the Schecter. It is a good guitar and most of your sound comes from your amp anyways. I've always found that when using modeling amps or software, the quality of the guitar doesn't come through. You really need to plug it into a decent tube amp to really tell the difference.

Since I live in an apartment, I mostly play through a Pod XT and honestly the difference between passives in my Jackson vs my EMGs in my LTD are almost nonexistant. However, when you plug it into a Mesa the difference is night and day.

I'd just recommend saving for a decent tube amp. At that time, if you still don't like the Schecter's tone, then trade it.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Last edited by Xherion at Oct 24, 2009,