UG, help really needed!
I was playing my guitar which was plugged into my amp (peavey vypyr 75). Suddenly it started buzzing a lot and drowned out the sound of the notes i was playing, so the main thing that could be heard was a very loud buzzing noise with muffled notes under that noise. This buzzing was the type of buzzing you get when your lead is plugged into your amp but there's no guitar at the other end, and your cable randomly buzzes.

I decided to undo the guitar jack faceplate and found one wire was attatched to one of the metal things sticking out (which i accidently broke later Pics coming soon), while the other metal branch had no wire attatched to it, even though it had solder on it and some parts of a wire. I did not find more than one wire in the cavity however, so i'm pretty confused.

Help me solve the problem
uploading pics soon.
your going to have to open the guitar up and trace the missing wire (it`s gotta be in there somewhere) then solder them both back on the jack - common sense answer
in the wire sleeve is two wires.

the ground gets soldered to the innermost lug. the hot to the outter most.

^this too.

if it's not a sleeve, then you;ll want to look for the other wire, push it out from the cavity towards the jack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 24, 2009,
no. but an iron is about $15.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011