Where can I buy seperate parts to make my own Bass? I live in the UK...

I have a budget of about £650. I wanted to buy a Bass but I thought I would be more comfortable having a bass that was EXACTLY what I wanted.

I have an Idea for a Paint job but I think I would prefer a Natural finish, Is this easier?

Any UK websites you can share? Any Retailers near Merseyside?

Thanks
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by x RappinRabbi x
Where can I buy seperate parts to make my own Bass? I live in the UK...

I have a budget of about £650. I wanted to buy a Bass but I thought I would be more comfortable having a bass that was EXACTLY what I wanted.

I have an Idea for a Paint job but I think I would prefer a Natural finish, Is this easier?

Any UK websites you can share? Any Retailers near Merseyside?

Thanks

You can buy the neck and body etc unfinished and then tweak it how you want (maybe start with a P-Bass style?) then add the tuners, bridge etc that you want.

As per my sig, I can sort out Discount (20-25%) off at certain retailers in the UK.

I suggest you start at WD Music. For example, they do a P-Bass body for £137 that I could do for about £109.

Obviously, you can get bodies and necks at lots of places so have a look about, but I am pretty sure hardware wise, I can help if you are interested.

What sort of paintjob are you looking to do, out of curiosity?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 24, 2009,
I would assume a natural finish would be easier. And are you looking for hardware or someone to build you a neck/body? Both?
no sir away a papaya war is on