I've got a valveking 112 atm but my dad is selling the house and I'll be living full time in my mom's apartment. The valveking is too loud at 4 for my dad's house and much roo loud for an apartment so I'll be selling it and getting something smaller. I want a tube amp, I play mostly classic rock, thrash, some blues, and dabble every once in a while in more experimental stuff with a good amount of reverby fuzztone. So I want a versitile 5W tube amp. Do you guys think it would be better to trade my amp in at the guitar store and get someÞhing used? Or smy amp on craigslist. What's a good price to sell the valveking for as well, its 14 months since I bought it new.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Epiphone Valve Jr
Blackstar
Marshall Class 5
Blackheart
Tiny Terror

etc...

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
most of the 5 watters aren't particuarly versatile and are still very loud (as most of them don't have a master volume).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
most of the 5 watters aren't particuarly versatile and are still very loud (as most of them don't have a master volume).

I find it incredibly hard to believe that they don't make 5W amps with volume controls
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

a fender champion 600 or the vox ac4 seem to be good for you
Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0
I find it incredibly hard to believe that they don't make 5W amps with volume controls

I may be the one out of the loop here, but i think he meant there's hardly any 5 watters with a channel volume AND master volume..not amps with lack of volume knob

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
how much do you think I could get for the valveking?
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I've got a question about the tiny terror, since its an amp head (I know almost nothing about amps) can I play it without a cab? And if I did get a cab would it be loud enough to keep up with a drumset?
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

You cannot play the Tiny Terror without a cab. It is loud enough to play with a drummer.
Its not really my choice of amp though. For the same price you could get a Night Train, which is better imo.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jcp42877
I may be the one out of the loop here, but i think he meant there's hardly any 5 watters with a channel volume AND master volume..not amps with lack of volume knob

well, i mean they don't have a separate gain knob. distortion means a lot of volume, basically. the only ~5 watters I can think of offhand which have master volumes are the blackstar ht5 (which i haven't tried), the peavey royal 8 (which doesn't have that much preamp gain anyway) and the cornford harlequin and carrera (which are expensive).

EDIT: what i mean is, if you think the valveking is loud, the 5 watter will be louder if you want amp distortion. The valveking has a preamp gain control, you can get distortion at any volume. what's your budget, anyway?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 24, 2009,
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0

YES!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, i mean they don't have a separate gain knob. distortion means a lot of volume, basically. the only ~5 watters I can think of offhand which have master volumes are the blackstar ht5 (which i haven't tried), the peavey royal 8 (which doesn't have that much preamp gain anyway) and the cornford harlequin and carrera (which are expensive).

EDIT: what i mean is, if you think the valveking is loud, the 5 watter will be louder if you want amp distortion. The valveking has a preamp gain control, you can get distortion at any volume. what's your budget, anyway?

Budget is whatever I can get for the valveking, my dad might throw in 100-200 dollars because I wouldn't have to sell my amp if he didn't sell the house. I don't know how much I could get for the valveking.

Being able to play over drums would be a plus, not a necessity, but a big plus as my friend is getting pretty good at drums and always wants somebody to jam with. I've been plugging into his dads 30W garbage SS no name amp and it sucks terribly.
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

Last edited by GU1T4R-H3R0 at Oct 24, 2009,
cool, thanks. can you try the blackstar? basically (captain obvious to the rescue) you want to be sure it sounds better than the VK at lower volumes...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The one I just posted? I haven't talked to the guy yet, and I don't have any money because I need the VK to sell before I can buy a new amp.

What wattage head + cab combo is loud enough to keep up with drums?
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0
The one I just posted? I haven't talked to the guy yet, and I don't have any money because I need the VK to sell before I can buy a new amp.

What wattage head + cab combo is loud enough to keep up with drums?

Probably 15 watts, tube, as long as the drummer isn't a crazy loud striker.

Usually VK112s sell for $225-250 used. You may get lucky and find someone looking for one tho.

I'd suggest a Night Train. Switches to 7.5 watts, sounds great at low volumes. The open back cab has a greeny in it. Should be find for everything up to metal. Has a fair amount of gain but not insane amounts if you follow.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^^ yeah, the ht5. You could always try one in shop if you have dealers close by. I assume it's not loud enough to cope with drums, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?