And it looks a little older, but still has a USB drive on the back, and I happened to find a USB cord that would fit it. Does anyone know what I can do with it hooked up to the computer?
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
And it looks a little older, but still has a USB drive on the back, and I happened to find a USB cord that would fit it. Does anyone know what I can do with it hooked up to the computer?

Record? I dunno

EDIT:

"2 x 2 USB audio streaming " So yes, recording.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Oct 24, 2009,
You can change the settings with the computer, and the computer has a wider interface than the RP150, and it's really easy to use. Go to Digitech.com and download the freeware, I think it's Xedit or something like that.

Or you can smack your friend for owning that digital piece of crap. The signal gets soooo ****ed up with that box.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
I usually stay with analog stuff, but I wanted to try something new. How would I use it to record with Audicity?
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
you can edit settings on the computer, play songs on your computer and hear them through your amp and record...
well, record isn't the right word, it's playing a song on a certain setting, then play it back afterwards and hear there are a lot of bits cut out due to bad recording... (and it's not because of a slow computer)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Have you tried the Digitech website? or google?

I think you can open audacity and for audio source select the RP150 I'm not sure though.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
The USB is only for doing setup work, not recording. I use mine through a simple mixer to the sound card line in and set Audacity to record from that device. My card is a C-Media so no fiddling with ins and outs. Just the one device for record and playback.
The RP150 is terrible unless you take lots of time to program it with far more subtlety than the presets have. Then you can get some decent tones out of it, especially for recording. Maybe that is why Digitech built in a much better software programing method than the pedal can hold.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x