ok i've had my rg350mdx for a little while, and now im tired of taking it to my guitar shop that's far away only for tuning. I tried once but it all ended at messy, had no clue how to do it. Then I saw this guide

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/tuning.htm

Ok we all now that when you tune correctly then the strings will never go out of tune, which is why i liked the tremolo system... thing is, my guitar has never been in tune, there is always 1 string that's not in tune, screwing everything upp.

I recently broke the High E string but got a new one from the guitar shop, the guy tuned it but being a new string, the next day (today) it went out of tune....

now I'm going to tune it, but i got some questions

I always mix upp flat and sharp ( dunno why) in a tuner, is the left side sharp or flat?

In what position should the fine tuners be in ?

if i use them to much, what will happen?

anything that i should NOT do ?

thx beforehand
No guitar *never* goes out of tune. Some are just better than others at staying in tune. This depends on the quality of the tuners, bridge, tremolo (if it has one) and the nut.

Typically the 'left side' of a tuner is flat. When you completely retune a guitar with a trem using the tuners, you should reset the position of the fine tuners to be in the middle. After you tune the guitar using the tuners, lock down the locking nut (if it has one). Then finally retune using the fine tuners.

There are plenty of guides on here and Youtube for instructions to tune a tremolo equipped guitar. It's going to take a bit of patience and time the first time you do it, but from then on it's very simple and pretty painless.

Good luck.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
thx for all the answers, just have a quickie, it's only my high E that is not in tune, should i retune the guitar completly or try to only tune the high e?
Quote by pjuckazz
thx for all the answers, just have a quickie, it's only my high E that is not in tune, should i retune the guitar completly or try to only tune the high e?

Tune the high E, and that will probably make the other strings go slightly out of tune so just keep tuning until all of the strings are in tune.
Quote by pjuckazz
i cant describe in words how ****ing much i love you

i`m happily married...well married.....if your female,blonde,over 21 but under 35 something could be arranged.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 24, 2009,
I've had to tne my guitar so many times, i can guess what noise its going to make without plucking a string (even if its not in tune)

Although I need to lock my nut for my guitar as when I rag the crap out of it with the whammy bar, it sounds..... well like a cat
~Oli