Well, as the title states, my amp is giving an awful lot of feedback in Overdrive that is starting to annoy the hell out of me,

How do I put it to a stop?

If it helps, my current amp seetting is

EQ
Trebble: 7
Middle: 1
Bass:8

Overdrive
Volume: 2
Gain: 8

I've tried lowering the gain and tightening the heads on my cable.

Any suggestions?
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Try changing your EQ to a flat setting and see what that does.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by pepsi1187
you dont need treble so high.. turn that down

i'd rather say that he needs to stop scooping his mids, that's just ridiculous... I wouldn't be surprised that if you put the mids up to 5-6 it'd be a lot better...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by MetalMike676
Well, as the title states, my amp is giving an awful lot of feedback in Overdrive that is starting to annoy the hell out of me,

How do I put it to a stop?

If it helps, my current amp seetting is

EQ
Trebble: 7
Middle: 1
Bass:8

Overdrive
Volume: 2
Gain: 8

I've tried lowering the gain and tightening the heads on my cable.

Any suggestions?

Try learning how to mute your strings.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
You EQ horribly.

Mids up, bass back a little, treble back 1.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
It's not a horrible EQ (bar the midscoop of death -.-), his bass and treble would be pretty tight.

If you're looking for a tight sound, you should always keep bass and treble no more than 1 apart. Mids really are optional, but 1) a mid scoop makes your tone sound hollow, And 2) A guitar is "focused" around the middle frequencies, if you remove them, in a band situation, you'll never be heard. They let you "Cut through the mix" so to say.

A noise gate will fix your problem right up

ISP Decimator - http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/ISP+Technologies/Decimator+Noise+Reducer/10/1

Probably your best bet... A lot of people don't dig the Boss NS-2... but I'm not really into noise gates. MXR also do a thing called the Smart Gate that not a lot of people mention, might be worth a look.

And please, for the love of god... if you ever get into a band, don't keep the midscoop you'll never cut through the mix.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Oct 24, 2009,