Do cabs really effect the tone of the amp? or is it the speakers inside? i don't get it. I have a randall kh412 its a cheap cab, but i have really nice eminence speakers in it, so would they sound the same in say a mesa cab? i know the difference between slanted and straight cabs but other than that i am lost!!!
Dimensions, wood materials, and baffling all play a part in this. Since you already have a 4 X 12 cab, and you're thinking of putting it in a Mesa 4 X 12 cab, if you're asking if it would be a night and day difference, probably not. However, Mesa cabs, especially if it's a Rectifier cab (which are typically slightly larger than most 4 X 12's) are known for their bottom end, and punchiness. I'm a Mesa guy myself. I don't have a 4 X 12, simply because I can't justify the transportation of it (my music room is on the 2nd floor, and I gig out minimum once a week), but I do have the Recto 2 X 12 cab, and I love those cabs. If you came across one, and you can get a good deal on it, I would give it a shot.
Mesa/Boogie Roadster Head (custom finished)
Mesa 2 X 12 Rectifier cab (matches head)
Ibanez Prestige S 1625 Bubinga
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss NS 2
Boss TU 2
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Ludichris@Once
Dimensions, wood materials, and baffling all play a part in this. Since you already have a 4 X 12 cab, and you're thinking of putting it in a Mesa 4 X 12 cab, if you're asking if it would be a night and day difference, probably not. However, Mesa cabs, especially if it's a Rectifier cab (which are typically slightly larger than most 4 X 12's) are known for their bottom end, and punchiness. I'm a Mesa guy myself. I don't have a 4 X 12, simply because I can't justify the transportation of it (my music room is on the 2nd floor, and I gig out minimum once a week), but I do have the Recto 2 X 12 cab, and I love those cabs. If you came across one, and you can get a good deal on it, I would give it a shot.

Thanks man!!!