So after learning about harmonics from all over the place including MT and my private tuba teacher, I found that harmonics are the same over every instrument. For example, the tuba is pitched so that its open harmonic series is in Bb. When you go up the harmonic series, it goes Bb-F-Bb-D-F-Ab-Bb. Now say on a guitar or bass you had a Bb string. The same harmonics would come up on that string. So, is there a reason why nature just produces dominant 7th chords, or is it just controllable, so that you can make different harmonics with different techniques?
thats the nature of acoustical physics? short of saying "do a lot of research on sound" im not sure what you're asking. i've done a bit of research myself and basically the best simple answer is "thats the nature of acoustical physics and sound"
All right, that's good enough for me. I was just curious, and it seems so ridiculous at times. That's what I get for taking Philosophy before I decide my future in Music.
harmonics are created from giving the string two fixed ends and it then creates like a wave were like for the first harmonic the wavelength is 0.5, pretty much when you lightly touch the 12th fret on a guitar you changed the length of the string essentially by altering the other fixed end, only works at certain lengths cus theres only certain lengths which allow you to get the resonance(loudest sound), you are essentially doing this with other instruments when you alter the length of the string by changing the fixed end, SOMETHING LIKE THIS I THINK