So this is my first song, I think it's a bit corny,and to be honest the chorus is horrible, but it's a work in progress, so any tips on how to improve it would be appreciated.

don't give up
and never back down
when the world's against you
try not to frown/stand your ground (not sure which is best)
because it's not all good
it's often bad
but that's no reason
to be sad

nevermind about the past
it's all about now
so enjoy your life
it doesn't matter how

it's a harsh world
and that'll never change
you look at me
and say that i'm strange
cause me and you aren't the same
but is that such a crime?
feels like your my worst nightmare
and it's nearly bedtime
Since this is your first piece, nobody expects it to be good. Everyone has that period of time when they are first learning the art of songwriting or poetry. I must be purely honest with you, this is not very good. The reason this is so, is because it is very cliche. Meaning that I feel like I've heard these lines before since they are so generic. They are used so often that they loose their meaning to people. I would advise you to read up on the stickied sections in the songwriting forum to learn more about the writing process and how to improve also on how to avoid using cliche phrases. You could google it too, you might find some articles to help you. Another thing to do when writing is to try and create imagery or at least lines with a higher vocabulary level which will also make it more interesting to read. Other than that, it is all up to you. DO NOT get discouraged because you can never get worse at writing, you can only get better. Keep writing and eventually you will start to pick up on techniques and improve your ability to create better pieces. I congratulate you on your first step though, don't stop.

In one regard, I have to disagree with muel. Most of what he told you is correct, but I feel like I need to clarify something about what he said about using a higher level of vocabulary. Don't write at a level that isn't comfortable to you. If you are shaky at all on the meaning of a word, don't use it.

For now since this is your first, there's not much to really say other than to keep writing.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black