A friend of mine has an EG332-C that he brought to me for repair. I've done many guitar repairs both electric and acoustic but thisis something I have not seen yet.

The piezo pick up does not work because the wire has been pulled out of the pickup and is hanging loose in the guitar. After removing the bridge saddle and pickup it appears as though the wires were never soldered to the brass housing of the pickup. Furthermore the wires do not appear to have any solder on them. Are these wire simply laid into the pickup housing and the pressure of the strings makes the connection?

A detailed description of what I have in front of me is a brass housing appoximately 1/8 inch square that I removed from under the saddle. I've opened the tabs on the 'bass' end (under the 6th string) and lifted the cover. I was then able to remove the plastic guide which holds the 6 ceramic piezo transducers. Under the plastic there is a thin brass ribbon over an insulator (paper). This would mean that the ceramic pieces sit between the two brass conductors (the housing and the strip) which are insulated by the paper ribbon.

My guess is that one conductor from the coax goes under the paper insulator (the shield) and the other over it (the center conductor). Can anyone tell me if I'm urinating in the ventilaor even trying to repair this or should I just purchase another?

TIA - Steve
"Are these wire simply laid into the pickup housing and the pressure of the strings makes the connection?"

Well, that would certainly explain why it's not a good idea to take off all the strings at once on an a/e guitar with a piezo. Usually, the consensus is that more downward force on the saddle = better connection. But I always thought it had more to do with the transmission of the vibrations themselves, rather than a wire connection.