So me and my band want to start putting dance sounds into your music. Enter Shikari style. Proper synth dance sounds, not keyboard electical sounds.

Now we are poor, and these things cost a lot. So wheres the best place to start, what to get first? We tried a Kaoss pad out, its awesome but we kinda need a synth first. Micro Korg looks good, but also what about something like the korg emx-1??

Basicly where do we start.

Chaaaaaaaaaars

Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
get the korg kaos pad

edit: maybe i should read the post first?
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Yeah it's pretty much been covered by you and werty22. Microkorg or Micron + Kaoss Pad.

I believe Rou actually has either a Microkorg or an Electribe in his live rig. So clearly it'll get you close to a Shikari sound. Have you got a synth player? Or is one of you just going to be rushing over and pressing stuff to set off prerecorded stuff on the Kaoss Pad?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
The microKORG is awesome, but it has absurdly tiny keys that are very difficult to play. The Korg R3 is similar, but has full-sized keys.
Quote by Holy Katana
The microKORG is awesome, but it has absurdly tiny keys that are very difficult to play. The Korg R3 is similar, but has full-sized keys.

I dunno, I actually find the MicroKorg easier to play than full sized keys.
Quote by crazy8rgood
I dunno, I actually find the MicroKorg easier to play than full sized keys.

I had thought that would be the case for me, since my hands are a tiny bit smaller than average, but when I tried one out, my fingers had trouble staying on the right keys, since the keys were so narrow.
I disagree. I saw Anamanaguchi in concert and the other 4 guys were just DJs and they were pretty bangin' with their NES synths. Heck, one guy even rapped over it and it was awesome.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.