Hey guys, I have big plans for my epiphone dot (Cherry) lefty guitar. Here is a list of thing I'm planning on doing, hoping for some feedback on what you think and maybe some suggestions?

Replacing stock pups with Bare Knuckle Mississipi Queens.

Getting a full setup done (intonation, fret polish, neck treatment etc etc)

Changing the switch, jack and wiring to higher quality (Would a guitar tech person supply these things at request of would I have to order my own?)

Replacing stock nut with graphite nut

Getting better quality bridge and stop tailpiece (again would a guitar tech person be able to supply these?)

This one im not sure about, thinking of getting it sanded down to natural and re-glossed (the cherry finish looks almost like its stained from the wood though, would this be still possible?)

Hope to hear your comments
Last edited by I'mDesigner at Oct 24, 2009,
The setup work you shouldn't have any trouble doing yourself. How much do you know about setting up a guitar?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Why are you going to pay a tech to do all this for you? There is ample help available on this forum that any of that is easily achievable yourself - you'll learn loads in the process as well.
That sounds pretty cool, I got an Epiphone Les Paul 100 that I'm doing up at the moment. If you got it reglossed though it would be quite expensive, on my Les Paul I just left it natrual and it looked quite nice.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Swapping the bridge and tail piece shouldnt require a tech at all. And basic setup action, intonation all guitar players should learn. You will find getting pickups and pots replaced on a hollow body will set you back more cash than a solid body. Getting a proper nut for it will require a tech, being a lefty there is almost no selection in aftermarket precut nuts. As a lefty I know all to well, I bought the tools and learned to do it myself.