Poll: To get, or not to get. That is the question.
Poll Options
View poll results: To get, or not to get. That is the question.
Get it! That way you can jam out in any tuning, Instantly!
18 44%
Dont waste your money. Itll sound like shit anyways.
23 56%
Voters: 41.
Stumbled upon this guitar pedal today from Morpheus. Not sure if anyone has heard of it, but it drops and raises your guitar's tone a 1/2 step each time by just pushing a button; Up to 3 1/2 steps. Kinda want to get it, its $200. Normally, I am usually in Standard tuning. But I sometimes get the urge to want to play stuff in Drop C and D, even a quick 1/2 step down, but with my floyd rose, its really hard to tune. The only easier way I thought would be to block it, but then the awesome whammy ability is gone. This, you just push a button and -BAM- you can play Drop C, without even touching the tuners. Awesome. What do you guys think? Anyone used one? Check out the link:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DropTune

And be sure to watch the vid to hear it. I think it looks awesome!

REMEMBER TO VOTE ^^^^^
Last edited by .:.MetaLLIcA.:. at Oct 24, 2009,
Looks pretty sweeet. You can play heavy downtuned stuff while remaining in standard tuning.
Sounds fake. Heard it and it lacks feeling and character.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
I don't think that even the best pedal of that sort can truly sound like a set of .13s tuned to drop B.

So unless you're in a band that tunes up and down fast (which you are unable to do) inbetween songs live or something, the money is better spent on other stuff, maybe another guitar?
Quote by x_live4guitar_x
Do you only have one guitar?

No I have 2 working electric, 1 is being torn apart for my project. I only use one for metal, which is what I primarily play, and that has a floyd variation on it, so its a real bitch to tune. My other is used for mostly bluesy rock and stuff.
I was debating getting another guitar just for keeping that one in dropped tuning. but $200 vs over $1000? It might pay off..
Quote by .:.MetaLLIcA.:.
I was debating getting another guitar just for keeping that one in dropped tuning. but $200 vs over $1000? It might pay off..

No, it won't at the long run.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
No, it won't at the long run.

I mean for right now. And its not that I would want it over a new guitar, but a new guitar is a lot of money, and Im still saving/deciding which one to get. This would just make it easier for me to learn songs from a variety of tunings, I think.
lock the Floyd -.- Whammy is for people who cant solo :P:P:P

Edit: Flame Shield On :P
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Oct 24, 2009,
Quote by reallyawesomegood@guitar
lock the Floyd -.- Whammy is for people who cant solo

..so I should block it why?

Quote by obviouslyidonthaveafloyd
Just manually tune it, thats the easiest way. Why pay $200 when you can just do it yourself?

You must not know how much of a pain it is to tune a guitar with a floyd rose down to drop C and back. It would just be a much easier way to tune it when Im practicing. When I practice I play a bunch of different songs from a bunch of different bands, so the tuning isnt always standard. It would just really save me a lot of time and effort. more time for the "jam" part.
Quote by R.D
lock the Floyd -.- Whammy is for people who cant solo :P:P:P

Edit: Flame Shield On :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDC3ade3JxU

OP, if you want to quickly go to drop D, check out a D-Tuna.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
with 330 dollars you could get an agile ghost III, that would be good for what you need
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
with 330 dollars you could get an agile ghost III, that would be good for what you need

This.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Get a fast strobe tuner like a Turbo tuner really fast tracking so you can tune inbetween songs, unless you have a floyd.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
My Digitech multi pedal i bought off ebay for 70 dollars has the this feature on it. It even works well, and can go i believe 10 octaves each way. The exact name of the model is DIGITECH RP200A. Take a look.
Quote by Akridosity
Get a fast strobe tuner like a Turbo tuner really fast tracking so you can tune inbetween songs, unless you have a floyd.

He specifically said that he does, that's why he wants one of these...

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDvSq1pFjA <- sounds pretty good to me, see if you can try it, or else just bite the bullet and go for it.
Quote by Stick40
My Digitech multi pedal i bought off ebay for 70 dollars has the this feature on it. It even works well, and can go i believe 10 octaves each way. The exact name of the model is DIGITECH RP200A. Take a look.

20 octaves????? Really????

I'm guessing it's crap anyways.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
20 octaves????? Really????

I'm guessing it's crap anyways.

I seriously, seriously doubt it. He probably means semitones. Honestly, 20 octaves each way and your amp would probably give out (like running a bass through a guitar amp?), or you wouldn't be able to hear it anyway because it's out of our range of hearing.
an amp could not handle a 20 octave range.. I also imagine something 8 octaves higher than the 24th fret of a guitar to sound absolutely horrid
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I'm rather surprised everyone has written this pedal off. To me that video didnt make it sound that bad, except maybe we he got past two full steps of drop tuning....but who would really drop your guitar that much? We know nothing about his setup, other than he was using that pedal.

I personally am really interested in this and may ask for it for christmas. I play everything, and I already own a guitar for standard, half step down, and drop C, but recently I've been getting into stuff like In Flames who play in C standard, and Breaking Benjamin who drop B it. At some point it's just ridiculous to have a guitar for everything. I'd love to heard it connected to a Gibson Les Paul in Drop D, then use the pedal to drop it two whole steps, and plug it in through the lead channel of a Peavey 6505. I bet it sounds bad@ss!
PG did a review and honestly, I trust it. they said it was great until under 2 steps, then they sasid they could only tell it was on when the amp was on clean. sounds useful to me
Remember, you can't tune with this to Drop D or Drop B, you can only go to D, C, etc. Standard tuning.
I would rather buy a fixed bridge new guitar for a bit more.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Guitar world did a video review on this in the latest issue, and honestly I thought it sounded pretty good. Like someone said, if you use it for 1-2 steps and are using distortion, its not going to be too bad. I bought a new baritone guitar, but I'm still a bit curious to try this pedal out.
I've sold 15 of them at work so far and everyone has raved about it that bought it. We never keep one in long enough for me to try
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
In all honesty, I think it would be most useful for setting up your rig for some kind of self harmonizing.