Page 1 of 4
I did a quick search, (the actual search function, not the searchbar,) and it came to my attention that UG doesn't have a rock album. We have a christmas album, a jazz & blues album, an electronic album, but I couldn't find a rock album, to my disappointment. So, this is a guitar site... and it wouldn't be complete without a rock album!

If your in, then please post saying so, and have your recording in by November 28. and could a mod sticky this, please?

Rules:

*Covers are allowed,

*No metal, I'll make a separate album for metal,

*Please don't wait until the last minute to make your recording...

*the song must be longer then a minute, but no longer then 8 minutes.

*At least two instruments, must have a guitar, vocals count as an instrument.

*one submission per person.

Volunteers for the album artwork would be cool, since I suck with photoshop. :P

I'll try to have the album released December 5th.

and if a rock album HAS been made, then just tell me, and i'll put V2 or whatever volume it is.

Entrants:

1. Oberst-Bart, submission received.
2. WyvernOmega submission denied.
3. Martindecorum
4. the_jackyl
5. woodenbandman
6. crazy8rgood submission received.
7. goest, submission denied.
8. KTFM, submission received.
9. Benjami, submission received.
10. Al4Project
11. bry0n, submission received.
12. MopMaster (maybe)
13. Toast1337 (maybe)
14. its_alive
15. Time Seller, submission received.
16. coryklok
17. jetfuel495
18. speedy1330
19. the humanity
20. LedDaveZepplin- submission received.

Flippedit: K, all the spots are filled now. And when you turn your song in, it'd be nice if your recording sounds as professional as possible, no one wants to download an album of crap-quality music.

GO‼

editz: email the submission to me at email@email.com.

Another edit: Due to my *fair* banning, the due date has been postponed until the 19th of december.

Another edit that will hopefully be my last: Due to my damn forgetfulness, I forgot to release it yesterday. So, the 26th?

Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 11, 2011,
I'd like to join, but how do I submit the song I've got? (Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild)
I would love to participate but I don't have any recording gear. Maybe I'll have some the next time this comes around.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by BK202
Go for it, are you accepting experimental music like De Facto or El Grupo Nuevo de Omar Rodriguez-Lopez? Because I'm working on a couple solo tracks influenced by them.

Never really heard them, but i'm guessing it's progressive or something, so sure.

Quote by Oberst-Bart
I'd like to join, but how do I submit the song I've got? (Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild)

email it to me at ugrockalbum@gmail.com.
Quote by genghisgandhi
ill help with track selection or anything else

I'll review it before I put it in, if it's choppy and sounds like crap, I won't put it in...

But I might need some help with the album artwork.
Quote by captaincrunk
What's your plan for release? Free download? Do you have plans for copyrighting? I might enter something my band did, but I don't want to get screwed.

Free download, just a standard megaupload download.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Free download, just a standard megaupload download.

Will you reserve the rights to the songs? Not for you obviously, but in a way that makes it so people would have to ask before they used the tracks. I know some of our authors really wouldn't appreciate someone making money off of something they made for people to listen to for free.

Except UG, I'm sure these albums will increase traffic.
Quote by genghisgandhi
did you steal my lol chord from my sig to your sig?

Ah, crap... I didn't see that... I'll change it.

Quote by captaincrunk
Will you reserve the rights to the songs? Not for you obviously, but in a way that makes it so people would have to ask before they used the tracks. I know some of our authors really wouldn't appreciate someone making money off of something they made for people to listen to for free.

Except UG, I'm sure these albums will increase traffic.

No... that would be a dick move.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Ah, crap... I didn't see that... I'll change it.

No... that would be a dick move.

So you WILL be copyrighting the stuff in some way then?

EDIT: Sorry if it seems like I'm giving you a hard time. I don't mean it to appear that way.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Oct 24, 2009,
Hm...

I don't know how far I can go with this but I'll try. Also I want in on the metal album.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I'm totally up for making a track, been having lots of new ideas lately.
I am in,

I have a track I wrote for my ex half done already....now just getting the drums in.

If anyone knows how to make drum loops and wants to collab with me, PM me please!
can i submit this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1pDKEFWHv8
if yes then you can download the track from my youtube acount at ''albums''
if its not rock enough i might write a new track its been some time since i tried some new stuff out
edit: email send to ya

oh and i made this quickly dunno if you guys like it haha, and there would be other people around here who can do better but oh well
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7315/therockalbum.jpg
i can do a strat/les paul/tele instead of the iceman if you want i already had that on my pc so i thought i'd put that there.
Last edited by Benjami at Oct 25, 2009,
Album art needs a hyphen and change the guitar. Other wise it's amazing.
hello
This will give me something to do during this week off, except seeing Steel Panther \m/.

Kant meh ihn
-no sig-
aghh I just put down a rough draft of a new song last night

but i dont have any recording equipment
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Hey, I am totally in. Sent two tracks to the address, just in case the one "Invincible" is considered metal.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
We should save for UGs own metal akbum.. Because I'd really love to submit an instrumental to that but I don't have my recording gear yet
I want to be in
( but I cant say for sure that I will submit a song)
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by bry0n
Hey, I am totally in. Sent two tracks to the address, just in case the one "Invincible" is considered metal.

Um... audacity won't let me open it, because apparently it can't find the project files...

and, of coarse, bump. I don't want this to die..
i DEFINITELY want in.

this is what i've been waitin for
although i guess the other UG albums could have been classified as Rock
Quote by its_alive
i DEFINITELY want in.

this is what i've been waitin for
although i guess the other UG albums could have been classified as Rock

Maybe... but I want something specifically rock.
You said covers are alright? Because I'm totally finishing up a cover of "Here She Comes Now" by The Velvet Underground that I'm hoping will be how I want it by the end of the week.
Page 1 of 4