I've began to really start singing more than I have been the last couple of months. I have a pretty good voice, but when I sing with distortion it's weaker than when I sing without it. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know anyone know how to stop this?
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins
Do you mean screaming?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I think he means singing with a little grit.
Like a badass voice. Judging by his username, he might be aiming for a hetfield type voice.
Sorry, It's kinda hard to explain. What I'm trying to say is, I have a fairly good voice while playing acoustic or just alone. When I sing while playing my guitar with distortion, my voice gets to a higher pitch that sounds pretty bad.
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins
Oh, you're over-compensating for the volume and aggressiveness of the guitar, and your vocal strength probably isn't quite developed enough for it. Just work developing strength, you'll get better at it.
Quote by \m/-Metallica
Sorry, It's kinda hard to explain. What I'm trying to say is, I have a fairly good voice while playing acoustic or just alone. When I sing while playing my guitar with distortion, my voice gets to a higher pitch that sounds pretty bad.

I have the same problem actually. I can sing acoustically in my bedroom to a few friends and it sounds pretty good, but when I step up to a mic with a distorted guitar I don't sound so great. I guess what chaingarden said was right, just gotta practice and build up strenth.