Of those two, the Epiphone. Don't get an ESP below the 400 series.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Of those two, the Epiphone. Don't get an ESP below the 400 series.

I was thinking the same thing.
depends on what type of music your playin man, im in a band i use a ESP Alexi-600, my fellow guitarist use's a ESP EX50 like the one shown, his guitar keeps up with my alexi-600 so id tell you to go with that as it is a very reliable guitar.
neither one is an upgrade from your current guitar in my opinion. and what do you mean below $1000? an ESP EX-401 is below $1000 and way better than both of those. From your gear list and join date... i dont think you need to upgrade yet anyhow...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Personally I like ESP a whole lot more...just me. Even their less expensive models play and sound good for the price.
Quote by SPBY
neither one is an upgrade from your current guitar in my opinion. and what do you mean below $1000? an ESP EX-401 is below $1000 and way better than both of those. From your gear list and join date... i dont think you need to upgrade yet anyhow...

I meant WELL below 1000 dollars.
And I'm not going to "upgrade" , I will be using both guitars :p
Neither.

Agile FTW.

But If I had to choose between
the two,Epiphone is the way to go.
Quote by guitarazn44
Neither.

Agile FTW.

But If I had to choose between
the two,Epiphone is the way to go.

Yeah, I agree.

I think I got my heart set on epiphone.
Quote by B.Renegades

in that case i suggest the ESP, like the guy above said, even their cheapest guitars are well made

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
in that case i suggest the ESP, like the guy above said, even their cheapest guitars are well made

Perhaps if I could get some vids of people playing either guitar so I could compare them?

Oh, and if this helps -

Looking for a 60s/70s Rock and 70s/80s Metal sound.
The ESP/LTD doesn't hold a candle to the Epi Goth Explorer. The Epi is far, far superior than that lowest of low end LTDs. With the Epi your getting a mahogany body with better pick ups that will produce a much better tone that the ESP/LTD ever could achieve.

John
Quote by johnro6659
The ESP/LTD doesn't hold a candle to the Epi Goth Explorer. The Epi is far, far superior than that lowest of low end LTDs. With the Epi your getting a mahogany body with better pick ups that will produce a much better tone that the ESP/LTD ever could achieve.

John

Well thanks John. Preciate your input.
Just to add the ESP/LTD body is made of Agathis and the pups are really cheap Chinese bulk production ones. People do not realize Epi makes their guitars in their plant and has their pups made special and supposedly to Gibsons specs. The bolt on set neck thing to me doesn't make a huge difference. I prefer a set or neck thru I think depending on the guitar you get better access to upper frets. I notice a lot of bolt ons are a little chunky where the neck meets the body. I have played a lot of LTD and actual ESPs since GC started carrying them and the LTDs just do not compare to the actual ESPs. Most LTDs I have played were pretty bad and very inconsistent. I played three or four LTD F-50s at the same store and not one was like the other it was like playing 4 different guitars. For $260.00 I guess I shouldn't have expected much but I have played other $250.00 guitars that were just soooo much better.

There is one big advantage to a bolt on. If it breaks, warps or has a major problem it's easy to just replace the neck rather than go thru the repair stage.

John
Id go ESP/ LTD anyday instead of a Epi. If you want a explorer shape for ESP then check out Edwards. It might cost more than $1k BUT the quality is superb and it'll last you VERY long. I believe Edwards has both FX/EX shape and the actual explorer shape but abit modified
Quote by B.Renegades

Why don't you just state the maximum of your budget so that it's clear for everyone the maximum you are willing to pay!

Anyway for what you play I'd definitely take the epiphone over the LTD for reasons that have been stated by the other users.