Page 1 of 2
This thread is just to appreciate the all the percussionist of ug.

Basically you just post your kit and how long you've been playing and what got you into drumming

(sorry if this has been done before)
Years Playing: 3
Kit : Yamaha Stage Advantage Natural Finish
Cymbals :
Sabain B8s Crashes 14 and 16 inches and Ride 20 in
Zildjian Zht 14 in Hi-Hats
Wuhan 12 in Chinese

Sticks: Valter 5bs and Aquarain 5as

Idol : Dave Grohl and John Bonham

Why:Because there are lots of musicians in my family but only a two drummers so i decided i'd give it a a try.
Quote by Amy_Lee

That made me laugh and then choke on my own phlegm.

Check my shit out
Last edited by metalhead805 at Oct 24, 2009,
Hmm, I'll have to find the pic of mine real quick.

Years Playing: About a year and a half
Kit : Tama Imperialstar midnight blue
Cymbals :
Sabian B8 12" Splash and 14,16,18" Crashes, 21" ride
Sabian Hi hats
Zildjian 18" crash
Pearl double bass pedals (can't remember which type off the top of my head but their good.)

Vic Firth sticks

Mike Portnoy, Martin Mendez

Me and my brother went in half on the drumset which was about 600, then he bought alot of cymbals and shit for it. I play it abit but not nearly as much as my guitar. Hes the one that mainly plays them and is infinitely better than me. I am also surprised how much he has learned in just over a year of playing.

Pics:

We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Last edited by Hellish_Wolf at Oct 25, 2009,
I wish I could drum.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have an electric kit. Been playing for about two years. I like danny carey and matt cameron.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Andrew12398, here is your cue...
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I've been playing guitar for 7 or 8 years and played bass for a band a couple years back, but only played drums for the past 2 or 3 years when I'm at my friend's house (like once a month), so I'm much better at guitar than drums. But considering the amount of time I've actually practiced drums, I'm pretty amazing. I'm a natural at drums, they're just not my instrument of choice I guess. But I pride myself with being able to play substantial portions of certain Meshuggah and After The Burial songs. Polyrhythms are my forte in guitar, so I've been able to separate my feet from my hands pretty well in terms of polyrhythms.
My drumkit, you say?

>.>

<.<

Srsly srs picture of my actual srs drum kit.

For srs

Can do that generic 80's hip hop noise that is in every single ****ing song from that decade.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Oct 25, 2009,
Been playing both drums and guitar for 3 years. Looking on a new kit or expanding. But i'll live with what i have for now.

Alto sax for 5 years Oh yes. Yess!
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Sorry I don't have a digital camera right now so pics will have to wait.

Years playing: 5

Kit: Gretch 5 piece (look at sig)

Cyms': Zildjian 14" hihat , Paiste 20" ride, Paiste 16" crash, Saibian 10" splash, Wuhan 8" China, Saibian 6" Alubell.

Other: 8" LP cowbell, Lp temple blocks, crotle.

Sticks: Promark 5a & 7a, Regal Tip 5a

Pedals: Speed King, Ludwig Ghost.

Favorite skin beaters: Phil Collins, Ian Paice, Bill Ward, Stewart Copeland, Ray Philips, Simon Philips, Vinnie Appice, Carmine Appice, Brian Downey, Jurgen Rothensal, Rudy Lenners, Herman Rarebell.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Last edited by Phil Collins at Oct 25, 2009,
Years Playing: 5
Kit : Pacific LX Natural Finish
Cymbals :
Zildjian:
A Custom 20" Medium Ride
A Custom 18" Fast Crash
A Custom 16" Crash
A Custom 14" Hi-Hats
A Custom 10" Splash
K Custom 19" Hybrid China
Oriental 11" Trash Splash
Wuhan:
12" China

Sticks: Vic Firth AJ3's

Idol : Carter Beauford

Why: Dad plays drums and I've always loved music so I decided I wanted to play.
I agree with Mr. Phil Collins' sig. Drummers definitely need their own forum.

Years playing: 7
Kit: White Tama very Lars Ulrich-like (including the double bass =D)
Cymbals: a couple of 14' Sabian B8 Crashes, 20' Zildjian Rock Ride, 18' Sabian Chinese, 16' Zildjian Rock Crash, 10' Sabian Splash, 12' Sabian Chinese Splash, 14' Zildjian Rock Hats

Vic Firth sticks

Mike Portnoy, Danny Carey, El Vampiro (mexican drummer, really good!), the onstage presence of Travis Barker...

Wish I had pics of my kit... I'll look 'em up and post them sometime later
Quote by angusfan16

That penis guitar. Hell, i'd wank it.

UG's MEXICAN DRUMMER
Quote by BlackApparatus
I agree with Mr. Phil Collins' sig. Drummers definitely need their own forum.Years playing: 7
Kit: White Tama very Lars Ulrich-like (including the double bass =D)
Cymbals: a couple of 14' Sabian B8 Crashes, 20' Zildjian Rock Ride, 18' Sabian Chinese, 16' Zildjian Rock Crash, 10' Sabian Splash, 12' Sabian Chinese Splash, 14' Zildjian Rock Hats

Vic Firth sticks

Mike Portnoy, Danny Carey, El Vampiro (mexican drummer, really good!), the onstage presence of Travis Barker...

Wish I had pics of my kit... I'll look 'em up and post them sometime later

We need to start a petition mate. Shit, bassists have their own.
--Gear--

I got my kit around Christmas this year, and it was originally my brothers. He lost interest quickly. I picked it up around March for kicks.

I'm 17.

I just play a meager little thing. Ludwig Accent CS Fusion Series.
22" kick
14" snare
12" rack
14" floor

Only a couple cymbals:
Sabian B8 18" Crash/Ride
Sabian B8 10" Splash
Sabian B8 14" hats.

I want a jam block, crash, ride, castanets to make the ride into a sizzle.

I also want a drum machine.

edit: For sticks, anything is okay. I prefer wooden heads, and for the stick in my right hand to be thinner than the one in my left, as well as a smaller head. Mallets are amazing as well.

For idols, I don't have much in specifics, I just play whatever I'm feeling, not really knowing where/who it comes from. Unless I'm bored and feel like doing a horrible ripoff of Brian Chippendale of Lightning Bolt.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Oct 25, 2009,
age-15
years playing-5
kit-gretsch blue burst w/ zildian cymbals
sticks-vic firth 5As

so my kits pretty bland, dont have the cymbals i want, but i get by, also i play african style drums for modern dance, pretty schweet if you ask me
Quote by vinnie-watt5
I wish I could sig that but I dont know how.

Quote by bass-man9712
that was fantastic!
I got an old kit a few weeks ago. I'm assuming it's a Ludiwg Rocker. The bass drum hoops are warped and so is the floor tom shell, but only slightly. It came with a set of Sabian B8 Pros and a broken Zildjian Paper Thin Crash which they don't make anymore and an odd Ludwig rack. Once I become decent I'm hoping to get a Yamaha or Mapex or Sonor.

-22" bass
-12 and 13" rack toms, but I only set up the 12
-14" floor tom and snare, which is a CB700
-Tama kick pedal and Mapex hi-hat stand (broken)
- Unknown cymbal stand
- Vater Super Jazz sticks

Quote by BlackApparatus
Drummers definitely need their own forum.

Well, there's the Pearl Drummer's Forum or Drummerworld.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Quote by ShallowEndings
Round up all the drummers and head to the Site Suggestion area.

I did that once. Turns out there a rule for that forum that says no asking for a drum forum.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Years Playing: 1 and a couple months
Kit : Pearl forum
Cymbals : shitty solar high hats and solar crash/ride, sabian vault ride 20"
Sticks: doesn't matter
Idol : brann dailor, chris adler

oh yeah i got a gibraltor avenger double kick.

that's an old picture, instead of the crash on the right there's a ride.
Right now, I play my cheap ass pulse set, i'm getting a Gretsch renown 4 piece set hopefully next week.

Years Playing: Around 2ish
Cymbals:
Sabian B8 6" Splash
Meinl HCS 14" Hi-Hat
Paiste PST 20" Ride
Sabian Xs20 16" Crash

Gibraltar Avenger II Double Pedal w/ Trick Pro 1-V Detonator Beaters

Idols: Chris Adler, Shannon Lucas, and Keith Moon

Reason: I've always loved anything percussion, done it since middle school, mainly mallets, so I decided to pick up drums. I've loved it ever since.

Edit: Btw, i'm not really and active guitarist. I don't really play at all, i'm pretty much just a drummer. I'm just a ug'er for the forums. .
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
Last edited by kjhelms at Oct 25, 2009,
i used to play alot
Years playing:4 (2 actively, then i switched primarily to guitar)
Kit: some beginner ludwig set, Zildjian planet-z crashride and hihat, single bass pedal, 3 toms. too lazy to check exact sizes and stuff
idols: mike portnoy, neil peart
Quote by ShallowEndings
A rule?

I can see the point, Ultimate-Guitar.. But seriously there are all different kinds of musicians on here.. Shouldn't we unite and be a big family?

Heh, I wish they had a freaking drum forum. I just use musician talk atm . I recently posted a thread about trick pro and axis pedals.
Quote by Unofficial

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

There's really no reason to not have a drum forum, it'd probably attract some more attention to.
Quote by kjhelms
Heh, I wish they had a freaking drum forum. I just use musician talk atm . I recently posted a thread about trick pro and axis pedals.

I was just about to say musician talk. It seems like neutral territory unlike here and the guitar forums. I'm sure if enough people got behind it they'd consider something drum related.

Quote by batman187
There's really no reason to not have a drum forum, it'd probably attract some more attention to.

I can't see anything wrong with it. I think it would be a great way to bring in more people. But i'm not Till.. (web designer)
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Oct 25, 2009,
I believe it's sig worthy. Action time! Drumcats! Ho!
Quote by Unofficial

Anyone watching headbanger's ball on MTV? Totally have Black Dahlia Murder on it this time.
Quote by Unofficial

So there is a rule against having a drum forum here huh?

Sounds like UG (or probably a mod) just being dicks. They have specific forums for acoustic guitar, bass guitar and guitar gear, guitar building, musician talk ect... but one for drums? oh Jesus no..

They won't stop 1,000,000 "what Geetar should i buy" threads but put the ****s over to a possible drum forum.

That's just dumb, we're musicians too.........
--Gear--

Last edited by Phil Collins at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by Phil Collins

Sounds like UG (or probably a mod) just being dicks. They have specific forums for acoustic guitar, bass guitar and guitar gear, guitar building, musician talk ect... but one for drums? oh Jesus no..

Keep in mind those things that you mentioned are all guitar related.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Keep in mind those things that you mentioned are all guitar related.

Right, go on bass forum and mention how guitar is related to bass and they get all pissy and elitest.
--Gear--

Quote by Phil Collins

They won't stop 1,000,000 "what Geetar should i buy" threads but put the ****s over to a possible drum forum.

The website is called UG for a reason. It's a guitar website. It's understandable that they don't have a drum forum. We really have no foundation for a legitimate argument in order to say "this isn't fair" or anything. Of course, it would be pretty HxC to have a drum forum. I always have so many questions, but I don't feel like joining some other forum.
Quote by Unofficial

Quote by Phil Collins
Right, go on bass forum and mention how guitar is related to bass and they get all pissy and elitest.

Electric Guitar = Strings
Bass Guitar = Strings..

My point is, this is a guitar forum, they both happen to be a type of a guitar. If you read up a few posts i was encouraging you guys to have a drum forum.
I'd love to have a drum forum, but if we aren't allowed to speak about it, who do we speak about it to?
Quote by Unofficial

Quote by kjhelms
I'd love to have a drum forum, but if we aren't allowed to speak about it, who do we speak about it to?

Even though i don't drum, id be happy to see you guys with your own forum. I can't really answer that at all, because like you said.. Your not really in a position to say its unfair that you guys don't have your own forum.

I guess all you can do is ask politely and wait. Its up to the guys who run the website, even though it would suck for you guys not being able to run a thread without being closed or having your own forums..
Quote by ShallowEndings
Even though i don't drum, id be happy to see you guys with your own forum. I can't really answer that at all, because like you said.. Your not really in a position to say its unfair that you guys don't have your own forum.

I guess all you can do is ask politely and wait. Its up to the guys who run the website, even though it would suck for you guys not being able to run a thread without being closed or having your own forums..

Yea, well hopefully someone of higher authority might stumble onto this thread. I'd love to see a drum forum even in just any form of progress. I appreciate the support mucho. I might try a thread sometime about it.
Quote by Unofficial

Years Playing: 15

Kit : Dennis Chambers Snare. Mapex Saturn 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 22, Roland td12

Cymbals : 17 Istanbul Dark Trad crash, 20, 18, 16, 12 Wuhan Chinas, Zildjian Avedis hats crash ride, Paiste Alpha Soundedge 14hats paiste alpha full ride 20, zildjian A custom projection crash, Stagg splashes other crashes

Sticks: Zildjian Big Band 7as (tips and ends cut off for warm cymbal definition and better weight balance)

Idol : Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Tony Williams, Max Roach (Mr Hi Hat), Sean Reinert (Cynic), Gavin Harrison, Jojo Mayer, Danny Carey, Vinnie Colaiuta, Tomas Haake, Dave Lombardo, John Bonham, Lenny White,

Why:Because i had to play a 2nd instrument in school. Self taught (which i dont recommend because i got bad habits causing injury and didnt do rudiments until i was 22)

Playing Styles:- Jazz, Prog, Fusion, Latin, Drum n Bass, Extreme Metal,

...couple of small tips (no pun intended). you can use a clamp for a splash above your hihat rod which is handy). Also if you do extreme double bass use leg weights and go running. For tuning, experiment with tuning the bottom heads really low. Gives arn amazing tone for me.
Last edited by Dhalzim at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by kjhelms
Yea, well hopefully someone of higher authority might stumble onto this thread. I'd love to see a drum forum even in just any form of progress. I appreciate the support mucho. I might try a thread sometime about it.

For sure, good luck. I can't see the harm in having more users coming to the site.
Page 1 of 2