I have the D/G as the lowest actions, E/A/B as sort of the middle height and e as the highest action. The way I hold the guitar and finger chords/notes it helps.

sorta like this

E A D G B E

Anyone else do this?
the action on my G string is actually pretty high. but that was because it was giving me a bit of a buzz and it's the only thing I knew to do.
Yeah, but I lower it the higher the string is. This makes bending my e b and g string a lot easier
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
My EBG are pretty perfect with their action, but when i lower the EAD, it always buzzes, when i bring it up high enough so it doesnt, the G is so high it hurts after a while of playing. Anyone have some tips for me?
I'm sure this mainly helps me b/c I'm a sloppy player. The font: lol ya I just realized I could do that.
I don't, but that's seriously pretty cool IMO

EDIT: Wait, how the hell do you bend on the high e?
Last edited by 1nSingularity at Oct 25, 2009,
a properly setup guitar will have it`s action radiused to compensate for the string thickness.

@cobalt blue:-you may need fret levelling or a simple truss rod tweak
Quote by 1nSingularity
I don't, but that's seriously pretty cool IMO

EDIT: Wait, how the hell do you bend on the high e?

I mute with my fretting hand a lot so when the high E action is raised it doesn't accidentally fret the note. I rake the lower strings a lot so this makes things easier. It's a little more difficult than normal to bend the High E but you get used to it as anything else. The action difference isn't as drastic as I represented it to be in my original post btw, it was just easier to describe that way.