I've been buying quite a few things on ebay lately (pedals, vinyls) and i've been using my mums account and paypal to pay for it, and i've just been having trouble because shes lazy and can be a bit bitchy sometimes and even though i pay her the money i spend in full she gets pissy that she has to go to the bank or whatever.

She really gets on my nerves so i just thought i'd make a paypal account of my own for shit i want but i found out that you have to be 18 to have an account so i was wondering, if i were to make one and just lie about my age would it work? I couldn't really think of any repercussions from this and i'm sure it's just some policy rather than a law and i don't see how they would even find out anyway.

Would it work?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
It would work, but you'd need to have a credit card in your own name.

So GL.

KwikEdit: You need to be 18 to have a credit card so...
Last edited by KwikKopy at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by TOMMYB22
I couldn't really think of any repercussions from this and i'm sure it's just some policy rather than a law and i don't see how they would even find out anyway.

Would it work?

Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
what? have to be 18? I had one when I was 16, and it wasnt a problem, just needed a valid bank account.

edit: To below, it was a joint account, with both my parents and my name on it.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Oct 25, 2009,
Well i have a bank account that i use so that wouldn't be the problem. Besides some uninforced legal policy, can any problems arise?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Maybe not announcing your probably illegal intentions on the internet would be a good first start.
I was just wondering if there were any legal repercussions or any other problems could arise? If the only punishment is closing the paypal account then i figure i might as well give it a try, however if there ends up some possible penalty or criminal charge then i obviously won't risk it.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
*tumbleweed*

.........anyone?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
^ Don't bump your own thread. You should know better.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
^ Don't bump your own thread. You should know better.

I just wanted an answer is all, besides your post is technically spam so you can't really judge.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
If I were your mom, I would stop helping you altogether after seeing you talk about her like this.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by goonerbynature
If I were your mom, I would stop helping you altogether after seeing you talk about her like this.

This. Be glad she provides you food and shelter for free (probably).
Quote by goonerbynature

Well in all due respect, you know nothing of me or my family so unless you could be nice and answer the question then your opinion isn't really wanted.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Ya, I'll do it for you, just give me all your credit card info, pictures of your mum and cook me some pie.
Quote by TOMMYB22
Well in all due respect, you know nothing of me or my family so unless you could be nice and answer the question then your opinion isn't really wanted.

I may not, but if she was so bad, she wouldn't have agreed to help you the previous times, would she? And all mothers grumble a bit, it's part of what they do. may be you should be grateful for the other parts of what she does for you.

Any way, that's just my 2 cents, it's up to you to take it or ignore it.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by goonerbynature
I may not, but if she was so bad, she wouldn't have agreed to help you the previous times, would she? And all mothers grumble a bit, it's part of what they do. may be you should be grateful for the other parts of what she does for you.

Any way, that's just my 2 cents, it's up to you to take it or ignore it.

I'm not going to bother explaining because thats not really what this thread is about. I just wanted to know if there would actually be any serious repercussions with putting an older age for myself on paypal? I don't care if all they do is close my account, i just don't want to get into any legal stuff here.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie