Where Ya'll at?

I've never been able to stand standard size or light strings, It just doesn't feel right and there is nothing like the chunk out of heavier strings.

I use an Ibanez RG220B tuned to B and my string gauges on that are 60-52-42-20P-16-12.

What is your normal tuning and what string gauges do you use for it?
i use .11-.49 in drop d and .13-.56 in drop c.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I don't use very heavy strings, they're only like 10-52's in drop D.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
i use 11-70 for drop tunings and on afew of my guitars ive got 10-60 set up for standard
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
11-46 in standard, would like 11-52's but rotosound don't only go to 46 for thier 11's. I like the beefier tones of heavy strings, and the fact that thye break less if you start getting excited on stage and kaying more vigourously.
I use Roto 11s - 11-48 in E standard. I like the having some beef under my fingers and also bigger strings just sounds so much better
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
I use Roto 11s - 11-48 in E standard. I like the having some beef under my fingers and also bigger strings just sounds so much better

yes, 11-48, thats it. I love my rotos, big fat tones, I agree about the heavier strngs. not sure i would want to go to 13's though ala SRV
Tomo to answer your question, try ordering a custom set off musicians friend of Ernie Balls of the sizes I use which I listed in the first post. It works perfectly IMO.
Last edited by Themadisraeli at Oct 25, 2009,
i use DR JZR 12's with a 65 B string. 7 String guitars need heavier strings..
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
I've been using Ernie Ball 11-49's for standard tuning for a whilenow (Switching to D'addarios as soon as the local shop stocks them again). I don't usually drop tune, so it works great by me, and if it need be, they're more than capable of remaining stable for a short while. =]
I'm thinking of moving up to 12-53 or so for standard pitch in the future, though.
i use elixer 11-48's (or 49, i'm not sure). I wish they made a set of "beefy" 11's like ernie ball does (11-52). My bass strings could always be heavier, but 11's are perfect for my g,b, and e. unfortunately, there's no going back to ernie ball now that i've tried elixers.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
I'd give Elixir Baritones a go; I use them to tune to C Standard and I'm completely in love with them, I think they're a .68 to .14, or similar. If for some reason you hate your fingers not hurting, and hate having nice, long-lasting strings, GHS also makes a Zakk Wylde sig set of .70 to .14 (or something like that, I always forget the lightest gauge...). I used them for years until elixir came out with its baritones.

I don' know how anyone could stand to use anything lighter...
god i love me some beefy strings i use .11s-48 for E standard, and 13-56 for D standard :P light string are just too flimsy and dont feel right
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
I tried it once but i got way too much low end. i just play a 7-string instead.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
I don't like standard sized strings, they bend at the slightest touch. And it much more satisfying (similar to feeling you get when you crush a large box) to fret stronger strings. I use Ernie Ball 'skinny top-heavy bottom' but the top strings aren't very skinny, the high e is (i think) .11
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
I use .012-.054 in standard, and the same all the way down to Bb standard, where I use .013-.056
I either need an ERG or a 7 string. Bb standard on 24.75" just doesn't really work. :p
I use .011-.049, but I want to use some 13's one day, but I can't find any

I play mostly Half-Step Down, but I also play Standard too.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Even though i think there are already threads for this, i like quite a fair amount of tension in my strings, running 10-52's in standard with a 70 gauge for a low B.
Quote by Themadisraeli
are big string users this hard to come by?

in a lot of circles they aint hard to find.

I prefer them cause i play bass primarily and i play guitar on a crappy beginner thing i got when i was 13 and i started pissing bout with it again just felt the strings were too small so i went for higher gauge and its better for me now.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Do DR 11-50's or 11-52's in standard and Eb count as beefy?
Quote by Baby Joel
I use .012-.054 in standard, and the same all the way down to Bb standard, where I use .013-.056
I either need an ERG or a 7 string. Bb standard on 24.75" just doesn't really work. :p

Tell that to Amon Amarth
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Oct 28, 2009,
12-56 here for D standard tuning

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
I use EB skinny top heavy bottoms 10-13-17-30-42-52 for my 6's and EB super slinky 9-11-16-24-32-42-52 for my 7's.
.13-.56 for me, tuned in half step down.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I use .11s in standard, I like the extra bite the thicker strings provide. I find it really helps with quick/tremolo picking and pinch harmonics.