Hey guys, long time no post!

My old cab is really beat to shit, and i know that means it has character, but still, for shits and giggles i was thinking of recovereing/upholstering the cabinet with a wacky coloured tolex/leatherette, like my ode to an orange cab :p but basically some other whacky colour...pink, lime green, something like that!

I live in adelaide, south australia. Any locals in here who'd know where to source this kind of gear, or if theres anybody thats actually local that does it?

Failing that, anybody out there know where i'd be able to source this kind of stuff online?

CHEERS!
fabric of choice and a staple gun

go nuts
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
I'm in Adelaide too, I don't know of anywhere off the top of my head, but I'll have a look around and let you know if I find anything.

Oh and if you're in a band, I'm totally coming to watch you play through a lime green cab.
You guys sound pretty rad. I might come and see you whether you get a gay cab or not, hahaha.

http://www.myspace.com/ibisrock - my band, if you want to repay the favour. Kinda dodgy home-made demos up at the moment, hopefully some radder stuff coming soon.
I bought tolex for my cab and head from fabricland
I dunno if you guys have fabricland all the way down there, but.. just go to any bulk fabric store, and they should have rolls of vinyl/tolex you can use.

when I did mine, I just needed white, so it was easy to find.. but a big enough fabric store should be able to order in different colours, too
Its like the 90's came in here and just threw up.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
I did my 6505+ half stack its not done yet... I'll probably make a thread about it when its finished. But yah my moms a seamstress so she got the vinyl fabric from her supplier. As for you you could probably go to any bulk fabric store as suggested and ask them to special order the colour you want... probably easyer to go about than online.

Use spray adhesive all around though and it should hold... you then staples on the inside folds if you feel the glue wont hold or if you have stubborn vinyl/tolex.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by neocon58
haha nice dude! did you guys ever play a battle of the bands at the electric light hotel? i swear ive heard the name ibis before!

Haha yeah we played that last year! Did I read somewhere you guys are playing Syke soon? I've been wanting to do that for ages, but... you know... nobody likes us, hahahaha.
haha yeah dude our bass player used to be in charlie on trial, one of the bands you played with that night haha so i went down. haha sykes pretty good dude! our singer is pretty good mates with most of the dudes in that scene i guess, its all about who you know these days lol which sucks
Quote by neocon58
haha yeah dude our bass player used to be in charlie on trial, one of the bands you played with that night haha so i went down. haha sykes pretty good dude! our singer is pretty good mates with most of the dudes in that scene i guess, its all about who you know these days lol which sucks

Haha that's nuts, I remember Charlie on Trial. I'm pretty sure I remember the bass player jumping all over the place. Always a good sign in my book!

Yeah the Adelaide music scene is kinda weird. We really don't want to sign up to a management company like everyone else has, but we're too poppy for the punk kids and too punk for the pop kids, so we're kinda floating around playing shows whoever we can. It just feels like if you aren't managed by Flying Saucer, you'll be excluded from every big show and you'll end up playing Sunday afternoons at the Cranker for the rest of your life.
When all my uni exams and shit like that are over, I'll get back into the swing of organising shows. [Saturdays at the Cranker or Fridays at Enigma or something.] If you're keen I'll keep you guys in mind?
nice dude, yeah we're open for whatevs at this stage, we can't gig till early mid next year though as our singer is overseas, but yeah dude if we have nothing on or can get out of work and shit should be sweeet!