Hi guys.

Yesterday me and my Dad went out a brought me a Legacy pack from Reverb. We got it home and I played we a huge smile on my face about an hour and a half.

Then my amp started to make a low drone noise. We turned it off, thinking it might be an overheating problem since it was the first time we played it. But this morning i tried again and got the same noise.

I now can't hear my guitar in it and we've definatly identifyed it as the amp as the cable works fine with my bass guitar.

The amp is a Legacy LE10D amp. Does anyone know what the problem is or how we can fix it? Or has anyone had this amp with the same problem?

Thanks
legacy do make budget stuff, so its not to be entirely unexpected. as for fixing it yourself, im not too sure. getting it repaired at a shop, however, would probably cost you a new amp anyway, which is probably the better way to go.

is this your first guitar/amp?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Oct 25, 2009,
ok, in that case, does this amp have a huge amount of sentimental value - are you particularly clingy to it?

if not, what type of music do you play/are you wanting to play mostly?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
I just wanted a guitar and amp to write my kind of 'pop'y music on. Kind of like Mayday Parade kind of thing.

But seeing as i only got the amp yesterday, i might take it back and see what they say. I wanted to know if all Legacy amps are this bad or just the one i got.
Take it back, you'll have a guarantee on it. They'll give you a new one or your money back.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Does anyone know if the whole Legacy range has faults like this, because if i take it back, i'm likely to get one similar if not the same.
it is bad luck that you got one thats dodgy, it shouldnt really happen - although usually people tend to avoid legacy because of the sound quality.

im not overly familiar with mayday parade's stuff, but i tend to lump them together with secondhand serenade, simple plan (to a certain extent) etc --- simple plan use mesa/boogies (dual rectifiers if im not mistaken) as far as i know - not exactly typical of pop, but like i said, mayday parade is a little out of my field of listening, so i might be on the wrong track

regardless, i watched kelly clarkson live a couple of weeks ago - in i dont not hook up, the guitarist was using a marshall jcm800 (not sure which one) full stack.

im not suggesting you get one of those - they are a bit expensive - just something a little higher up than a legacy
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
how much did you pay for the amp? I bet the masters of the GG&A can find something better for the price!

essentially what i was trying to say.. i think
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana