hey guys! I've been playing on acoustic guitar for some time, and I decided to get an electric guitar - I really like the feel and tone of a gibson lp standard, but I can't quite afford it haha. it's hard to choose, because I'd like to play stuff like led zeppelin, guns n' roses and like jimi hendrix, but I still want to play some really heavy stuff once in a while. I was considering a highway one telecaster, and I was wondering if it can handle some heavy metal lead stuff okay? also, how is the vox valvetronix series? I'm sorry if the topic is misplaced somehow, I'm kind of new here o:
if you like gibosn lp but can't afford it then buy an epiphone.. but if you want a fender then buy an actual fender and not a squier cause that sucks.
can't really tell you which one to choose, fender and gibson both play very different.

about vox valvetronic: sounds pretty decent but isn't durable and vox is expensive
Quote by loaded_
if you like gibosn lp but can't afford it then buy an epiphone.. but if you want a fender then buy an actual fender and not a squier cause that sucks.
can't really tell you which one to choose, fender and gibson both play very different.

about vox valvetronic: sounds pretty decent but isn't durable and vox is expensive

squiers are really not as bad as people here make them out to be.

for an lp, also try looking at an agile or an esp ec
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
i'd looking into the Agile series over 3000.....
rondomusic.com
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
what's your budget? also, i was told not to go valvetronix, i play mainly pantera and som othr stuff like alice in chains, so i'm slightly heavier, but i bought a vox AD50VT and i love it. badass cleans. gain settings aint bad. i like the compressor that's built in.
For low end Strats, the Squier Classic Vibe is a very nice guitar and plays very well... better than any strat in that price range. Squier Vintage Modified is not too bad, but it's not up to par with CV. All the cheaper Squiers are a gamble.

If you want a nice Les Paul style guitar, Epiphone makes some nice ones if you spend enough, but stay away from the juniors if you can afford it because Agile makes Les Paul style guitars that will blow it away for just over $200 at Rondo Music.

WARNING: WHILE VISITING THE RONDO WEBSITE DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT SX STRATS! DO NOT BUY ANY OF THE SX STRATS! NOT EVEN AND ESPECIALLY THE LTD2. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE SX FAN BOYS ON LINE!

IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK WITH BAD HAPPYMEAL HARDWARE!

AGILE YES!

SX NO!

AGILE GOOD!

SX BAD!

EDIT: Sorry for yelling, but I can't over emphasize enough about how much I hate sx strats... also just to mention... valvetronix is a fun amp, but there are so many low watt tube amps now days you might want to look around a bit before you decide on the vox. Just stay away from spiders and you should be fine.
~JP~
Last edited by Jammy Pige at Oct 25, 2009,
We do need to know budget and where you are. There's some great LPs in Europe that can't be had in USA and vice versa.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
We do need to know budget and where you are. There's some great LPs in Europe that can't be had in USA and vice versa.

Don't remind me