Hi guys,
I recently joined a new band (yay for me(link in sig ) ) and the guitarist/singer had a bass sitting in the corner of the practice room which turned out to be a genuine (very expensive) Aria that he had picked up for $1000 a few years back. (Most Arias of that quality retail at about $4000 here)
It looks a lot like Cliff Burton's famous aria with a couple of differences.
It has 2 humbucking pickups, both with Alembic written on them (weird)
the electronic and control layout looks completely different to the current line being made (that I can find)
None of the below models look quite right but the closest I can describe from the picture is sort of the middle one with the colour from the one 2nd from the right.

Even if no-one can tell me anything about it, it's still one of the best basses I've managed to play. (It was so much better than the BTB675 I took with me so I was kinda sad lol)
So basically, what I'm asking is do any of you guys have any idea what model it could be, how old it is etc.
any info would be appreciated
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Oct 25, 2009,
Could be aftermarket pickups put in.Or maybe they teamed with alembic to make a bass, using their ideas to make a different bass.
Google search
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Could be aftermarket pickups put in.Or maybe they teamed with alembic to make a bass, using their ideas to make a different bass.
Google search

I searched and failed

EDIT: I agree that they're probably aftermarke pickups, but I still can't find another model with the right knob config either
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I searched and failed

EDIT: I agree that they're probably aftermarke pickups, but I still can't find another model with the right knob config either

Well is it the placement of the knobs or type that is different? If they put aftermarket pups in it they very well may have overhauled the preamp and controls as well.