I got it in a trade...and it sounded good at the time, but it just doesnt sound good anymore..AND it has better pups than my Washburn!

Could it be that all it needs is a proper intonation setup, a set of new strings slapped on, and a polished cleanup?

also...at the top of the neck, near headstock, right on the little strip with the notches that the strings lock into, its chipped a bit on the side of my low E string...but once my strings are tightened, it really doesnt move...but just wondering is this could cause a future problem and if i should just trash the guitar?

I also would like to know what y'all think it would cost TO:

Whole cleanup/setup on Les Paul
Switch my Washburn stock bridge pup with my LP's Duncan Distortion so that the LP uses the Washburn while my WI26 gets the Duncan
Proper rewiring/rerouting of pups on LP (i think the last guy who did it put them in opposite)

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
what model epi les paul is it?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

have you restrung it since the trade?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by pawnluv
have you restrung it since the trade?

^ Epi LP Standard, 2000 MIK model

^^ Ya, i restrung it with D'Addarios around, eh, the end of July...and i did play it a lot until i received my Washburn

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
^ Epi LP Standard, 2000 MIK model

^^ Ya, i restrung it with D'Addarios around, eh, the end of July...and i did play it a lot until i received my Washburn

Change your strings, they wear out and sound like crap after a while.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
it also depends on what amp you are using, my dad uses a lot of Epis and he seems to have no problems with the expensive ones, but it thinks the cheaper models that are under £300 are poor
Do the clean-up. It helps a bit. Pay special attention to the fretboard and frets. Re-string. I'd use Ernie Ball as I find them a little brighter than d'Addarios. Set your action and intonation well and check the pickup height. Should sound like a dream.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

sounds like you need a new nut aswell. If there's a wobbly bit then that's likely to develop into a proper crack/snap as you keep playing. Inexpensive to do.

Also probably best to do the simple things first and see what effect that has before messing with pickup changes et al.
Without actually getting my hands on it I really can't give the best opinion on your problem. Of course you need to address the problems listed like strings, intonation, action, fret wear etc.

The nut should be replaced. It's possible what ever chipped it might have thrown it off. If you do replace it get a graphite nut it makes a world of difference. Check the neck see if it might need a truss rod adjustment. Seeing there was work done on the guitar there could be electric issues like bad solder joints, bad wiring or just bad pots. Your best bet is to bring it to a shop and get a professional opinion and estimate on the repair. If your not familiar with repairing and setting up a guitar it's best to let a pro do it.

John