Sometimes when I try to fret with my 3rd finger (ring finger) it bends inwards. It's a bit hard to explain but it's similar to what you do with an A major shape barre chord, where you press down on the 3 strings with one finger. The problem is that it happens when I'm playing scales and other stuff and I can't control it. Is this a problem with my finger or something that can be fixed by practicing?
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Is it like you're fretting with your whole last phalanx? Then you just have to fret with the finger tip...
I guess it's just that you unwillingly caught a wrong habit. With practice it can go away.
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Try to make the finger more bow-like and place your right thumb lower on the neck so you have more space betwen the fretboard and your palm, also try to press lighter.
Quote by tickler444
Is it like you're fretting with your whole last phalanx? Then you just have to fret with the finger tip...
I guess it's just that you unwillingly caught a wrong habit. With practice it can go away.

Yeah, I'm pressing down on the fret with the soft part of the finger rather than the tip but it only happens with one finger, the rest are fine.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Go slow and concentrate on playing properly. Play some chords too.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.