If i would want to play 5w head, for example crate blackheart or blackstar in rehearsals with drums, would it be loud enough for that ?
Probably.

Depends on how loud rehearsals with drums are for you.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
cleans won't be loud enough. not enough headroom
Epiphone Les Paul Studio AW Ltd Run
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele
Epiphone PR 5 CE VS
Blackstar HT5 Head
Harley Benton 2X12" (Celestion V 30s)
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive CO1
Marshall Reflector RF1
Digitech Hardwire HW DL 8 Delay/Looper
Yeah not loud enough, unless they're a soft drummer.. Really soft. I mean it might be audible, but as another guy said it won't have the headroom needed.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
I tried my Marshall CLass 5 in a rehearsal and my drummer is really loud, it was audible but like everyone else says, it doesn't have the headroom
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It'll definitely be enough, but you won't get cleans. (Assuming the drummer isn't crazy).
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
It's loud enough, end of story.

Unless your drummer wails on the cymbals. 5 watts is LOUD.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
it will be loud enough
but dont be expecting cleans
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by JilaX^
You could probably get some passable cleans by rolling back your volume knob...

Doesn't taht just have the same effect as rolling the gain down? Don't know why people suggest this.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Doesn't taht just have the same effect as rolling the gain down? Don't know why people suggest this.

Turning down the volume know reduces the signal output from the guitar, which in turn softens the push on the powertubes, reducing the softclipping, creating a cleaner tone.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
5W won't be enough unless you really are prepared to compromise. Use efficient speakers get the drummer to tone down a little turn down the bass as this is the most power hungry area and boost the mids which make you sound louder than you really are and you just might get it to work for you.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Turning down the volume know reduces the signal output from the guitar, which in turn softens the push on the powertubes, reducing the softclipping, creating a cleaner tone.

+1

If you try it with a tubey style amp, you'll see the difference.

But still... 5w is not gonna cut it unless your drummer hits like a four year old girl.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Last edited by gerardwayne at Nov 3, 2009,
Ive used an epi valve jr with a marshall 4x12 cab and it was loud enough to keep up with a very loud drumset in a garage. the 4x12 definitely helped, and the volume wasnt maxed out otherwise it would have been too loud.
I use kldguitar Gt5HR with 12 inches speaker cabinet. It is enough.