I'm trying to record with a Zoom G2.1u and no matter what I do it sounds like shit. If I record something clean or acoustic, then it sounds ok, but when I turn on some distortion it sounds like shit. I've been on internet and tried different patches but it still sounds very bad. What's wrong?
Check out the song on my profile. What do you think?
Last edited by JBA at Oct 25, 2009,
are you recording on a laptop? and are you doing just a straight line from pedal to computer line in? if so, unplug the laptop from the plug when you record, should deshitten it some, but i strongly recommend getting a mic and micing an amp, sounds far better
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Quote by Flaming Chaos
are you recording on a laptop? and are you doing just a straight line from pedal to computer line in? if so, unplug the laptop from the plug when you record, should deshitten it some, but i strongly recommend getting a mic and micing an amp, sounds far better

I'm not using a laptop.

Guitar - G2.1u - (USB cable) - Computer
Quote by JBA
I'm not using a laptop.

Guitar - G2.1u - (USB cable) - Computer

hmmm, then try lowering the output volume on the pedal a fair bit or lowering the gain a tad, these also affect a hell of a lot
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
You have no idea how long I've been messing around with the volume on the pedal, the gain and such
then i havent a clue im afraid, as i said, i recommend getting a mic and micing the amp, much better sound
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
I don't know much about recording. How much does a mic cost? And how shall i mic the amp?
Last edited by JBA at Oct 25, 2009,
well im UK and i got a behringer C-1 and a Mic-100 preamp for £70 and just put it on a small stand infront of my amp a few millimetres away, experimented with its placement (best near the middle of the speaker) then use a line from the pre-amp to the line in on the computer, works a charm. just research around for mic pricings and research about other peoples experiences of mic placements. Also check out about what levels to set your tone at when micing an amp as it sounds far different from where the mic will be than where you are stood. will need more bass than it seems by your ear.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2