I tend to like guitar distortion pedals. But only on the higher strings lol.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I tend to like guitar distortion pedals. But only on the higher strings lol.

Same with me. Both my bands have 2 guitarists, so I rarely use distortion, except while soloing. Otherwise I don't cut through very well. Plus, I just prefer to keep a clean signal when I'm not soloing. I might use effects more often if I joined a power trio though.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Well, for my main growley OD I'm using an Ashdown Hyperdrive & I love it, for my fuzz tone, I use a DOD FX 52, wich is one of the nices fuzz pedals I've used to date; & for somewhere between to two, I like the soundclips I've heard of the EHX Germanium OD, although I've yet to try one out.
I dig the Tech 21 Sansamp. The distortion circuits in the Mesa Titan and BB750 are really good, too; I wish they'd make them into pedals.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Hartke VXL, Fulltone Bass driver, Tech 21 VT, for more growly sounds. Those are my favourites so far.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Fulltone bass drive for overdrive sounds. Earthbound audio effects Supercollider for fuzz needs.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I usually just crank my preamp gain up for distortion and use my bootzilla wah/fuzz for fuzz.

I've picked up a few guitar pedals for super cheap lately and modded them to be more bass friendly. I'm really digging the altered russian muff for fuzz, and as much flaming as this may draw, I am actually enjoying a modded boss ds-1 for super nasty distortion. Haven't gigged with either yet, but the guys I'm playing with right now leave me enough open space that I could honestly use any un-altered guitar effect and still sit fine in the mix.
My favorite so far, that I've used anyway, is the Way Huge "Pork Loin". It allows you to blend the dry signal, which creates an awesome clean low end with smooth overdrive on top.
Nope, no sig here.
Big Muff
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Boss ODB3
with the distoriton channel on full, with the gain at about 8 o clock
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
i own a boss odb-3 and i've tried out a bass big muff, both of which are good, might try out some guitar effects at some point though
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Sansamp BDDI and Bass Big Muff
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Sansamp BDDI and MXR Bass Blowtorch (not sure if that would be considered distortion or fuzz, but it's awesome) from the small amount of time I've played through each.
Quote by edgeyyz
Sansamp BDDI and MXR Bass Blowtorch (not sure if that would be considered distortion or fuzz, but it's awesome) from the small amount of time I've played through each.

wouldn't the blowtorch count as an an overdrive? Good pedal either way.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
wouldn't the blowtorch count as an an overdrive? Good pedal either way.

Maybe, but I would think of it more as fuzzy.
I'm currently using a Bass Big Muff, set on the dry mix setting, tone at 50% and distortion at 100%... with my amp setup it sounds amazing and its quick to adjust the amount of distortion with the blend if I'm feeling low-key or raunchy that day.

I've also used the boss bass distortion, and it takes quite a bit of messing around with but once I realized you had to cut the highs back to around 9'oclock I liked it a whole helluva lot better especially with wah (ahaha, no, I wasnt playing FWTBT.......ok I was but thats not all I swear D: )