So my sister says that cider makes you throw up easier then beer. Anyone know, if it's true?
I don't know, but cider reminds me of chavs so don't drink it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 25, 2009,
BS

Cider FTW!!!!!!!!
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Cider has more alcohol in it than beer, so it will make you drunker quicker.
Plus cheap cider makes a lot of people feel sick regardless.
It will give you a hangover far easier, don't know about puking though.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
But is there a way of protecting from throwing up? Like if i have a meal before i drink, will it keep me from throwing up 100% (if i know when to stop) ?
Quote by Cyberbob
Cider has more alcohol in it than beer, so it will make you drunker quicker.
Plus cheap cider makes a lot of people feel sick regardless.

Generally not true. They often have very similar ABV values. Stella is just as strong as Strongbow, Calsberg is only slightly weaker and Bulmers is weaker than all three, for example

Quote by kriscius
But is there a way of protecting from throwing up? Like if i have a meal before i drink, will it keep me from throwing up 100% (if i know when to stop) ?

When you level up, put more points into Constitution. Evenetually you get the beer gut skill, allowing you drink (2 x Consitution) +3 pints before you get negative effects. This is a passive ability (always on).
Quote by kriscius

Starchy foods will help absorb the acids in your stomach that makes your brain say "EVERBODY OUT", other than that I think the only surefire way to make sure you dont chuke is not drinking in the first place.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by Confusius
Drinking too much of anything at all will make you throw up.

fixed
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

it all depends on how much you drink. i belive. i have never puked from anything yet.
Quote by The 6th String
Starchy foods will help absorb the acids in your stomach that makes your brain say "EVERBODY OUT"

You mean like potatoes?
I drink what I like, not what will get me drunk the fastest.
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by kriscius

Eating a decent meal before drinking will always help, also drinking a tall glass of water every 4 or 5 drinks helps me avoid a bad hangover.
Nothing is 100% certain to not make ya puke other than not drinking at all but a good meal and lots of water definatly helps.
I've also heard drinking a glass of milk before you start drinking helps line your stomache but its never workedfor me.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Depends on the person to be honest. I'm more of a cider drinker than a beer drinker, and I can drink more cider.

EDIT: And yes, a couple of glasses of milk tends to help prevent vomitting.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Well last time i got sick of ~3 liters of live beer and few sips of vine. So i decided that i want to try cider.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

I used to be a cider drinker, and it did tend to make me get drunk and throw up quicker than beer, and it gave me terrible hangovers, it seems to dehydrate the body, so you can have as many glasses of water you want the next day but it never seems to quench the thirst.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When you level up, put more points into Constitution. Evenetually you get the beer gut skill, allowing you drink (2 x Consitution) +3 pints before you get negative effects. This is a passive ability (always on).
That might just be the best post you've ever made. I laughed heartily at that.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Generally not true. They often have very similar ABV values. Stella is just as strong as Strongbow, Calsberg is only slightly weaker and Bulmers is weaker than all three, for example

I think people get confused because you do get drunk from Cider quicker (in general). However that's not really to do with the alcohol content, it's more to do with the fact that cider, being a bit more palatable (and lighter) to most people than lager, is drank at a faster pace.

It's called lunatic soup for a reason TS.

Me and my mates started downing pints of cider instead of doing shots this summer. Much better value for money and much more fun.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I've only ever thrown up once on alcohol (I drink quite a lot at parties).
That was at my prom afterparty when I drank quite a lot of cider and half a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Whenever I've drunk Jack and Beer, i've never chucked up.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I think people get confused because you do get drunk from Cider quicker (in general). However that's not really to do with the alcohol content, it's more to do with the fact that cider, being a bit more palatable (and lighter) to most people than lager, is drank at a faster pace.

Aye. I can throw magners/bulmers, pear ciders and brother's strawberry cider (bloody gorgeous, if a bit sweet) down my throat hole like anything, but beer... nope
You really notice the underage drinking and the lack of experience here.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by kriscius
Well last time i got sick of ~3 liters of live beer and few sips of vine. So i decided that i want to try cider.

Don't mix the grape with the grain moffi!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Aye. I can throw magners/bulmers, pear ciders and brother's strawberry cider (bloody gorgeous, if a bit sweet) down my throat hole like anything, but beer... nope

Kopparburg mixed fruit FTW!!!
Your brother makes cider? That's pretty cool.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Yes.
Depends on the Cider though; but yes, you can throw up very easily with cider. It's not as easy to drink as beer, and you can't drink as much of it.
It's like any fruit-based alcohol.
You eat too many grapes, you throw up. You eat too many apples, you throw up.
Same with anything wheat based, but you can drink/eat more of it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

^I lol'd, hard.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My brother is 12. I forgot to capitalise "Brother's."

And aye, the mixed fruit one be nice.

, 12 is the best time to start brewing cider. You're never too young
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Thats rubbish. However, what does affect how easily you throw-up is the carbonation and how bad the taste is. Apart from that the same alcohol intake should cause the same amount of vomming.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
The worst thing about cider is the shits. Many a morning spent alternating between vomiting and painful visits to the toilet

I'm glad I've switched from cider to beer, I've found the hangovers to be slightly more tolerable.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by sgboy666
The worst thing about cider is the shits. Many a morning spent alternating between vomiting and painful visits to the toilet

I'm glad I've switched from cider to beer, I've found the hangovers to be slightly more tolerable.

Go back to cider. Do the easier thing and renovate your bathroom so the toilet and sink/bath are positioned in such a way you don't need to budge.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Anyways, Brother's strawberry cider is nice. If you can find it, try it. Some Tesco stores stock it.

They used to sell it in this pub in Bristol. I remember already drank a bottle of vodka, I knew it wouldn't do me good but it was so tasty. Ohh memories.