Page 1 of 3
I thought the King's band already had a thread, well I guess I just imagined it. Great stuff.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
King, when are you going to put vocals on the songs in your playlist?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
I thought the King's band already had a thread, well I guess I just imagined it. Great stuff.

Don't think so, I searched for one and found nothing
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
IWhat he said.. and then some
Holy shit this thread exists???
Thanks Pagan!

We FINALLY (after two studios flaking out on us over the course of four months) have guaranteed studio time set up for May. If you haven't already check out a rough recording with vox on our Facebook page.

FB Site
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Mar 19, 2010,
Thanks guys. Soon we'll have lots of good quality stuff up and a new layout on the site courtesy of Insideac. I'll post here once we have something up worth listening to.
This is ****ing awesome, and you're in New York! I'll definitely go see you guys, and I'll make Insideac come along.
god, what a lame CC ripoff. Haven't these guys listened to more death metal than Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse? Like we need more of this polluting the already fetid scene...
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I'll start off by saying that I think a name change would be appropriate, less you want the deathcore kids following you guys around on myspace. Reminds me of all the shitty local bands I have to sit through to see the good ones.

Musically it could be much better, but you guys have a great drummer, and the guitarists know how to play, so there's potential there. The production was also very very good, I hope you guys try and stick with a similar sound. It's just the songwriting that I find stagnant and "scene" by VG's terms.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by progbass
god, what a lame CC ripoff. Haven't these guys listened to more death metal than Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse? Like we need more of this polluting the already fetid scene...

+1.

Needs more time sig changes, clean vocals (sometimes going along with the growling), acoustic interludes, and add other genres of music.
Quote by diminishedtobme
+1.

Needs more time sig changes, clean vocals (sometimes going along with the growling), acoustic interludes, and add other genres of music.

Love you guys
Quote by linfield4466
I'll start off by saying that I think a name change would be appropriate, less you want the deathcore kids following you guys around on myspace. Reminds me of all the shitty local bands I have to sit through to see the good ones.

Musically it could be much better, but you guys have a great drummer, and the guitarists know how to play, so there's potential there. The production was also very very good, I hope you guys try and stick with a similar sound. It's just the songwriting that I find stagnant and "scene" by VG's terms.

I like the name. Besides, we're far enough from any kind of deathcore for me to be confident in a coreish name.

I agree about the songs posted. Part of the reason I'm so excited about getting this recording out of the way is because we've gotten so much better both musically and skill wise. (especially me) Even the song with vocals has been changed. haha
I guess all I can say is thanks for the crit and I hope you'll check us out again once the album is released.
Quote by diminishedtobme
+1.

i KNOW you pulled that from my name.

seriously though, it sounds like standard death metal. techinically proficient, just...you've heard it before.

how aboot...ripping off Quo Vadis more?
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
KING'S IN A VERB THE NOUN BAND
So are you Mag
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by Magero

^^ wins the thread
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Magero

MAGERO WANTS MY FOOT UP HIS ASS
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Mar 20, 2010,
Quote by King ofKumbucha
MAGERO WANTS MY DICK UP HIS ASS

IMO.
Drum tracking complete for our upcoming demo Kill Everyone, Start Over.

Tracklist:
A Wolf Amongst Sheep
Kill Everyone, Start Over
Respawn The Ancients
and one as of yet undecided track.

We have ten of thirteen songs done at the drum stage so we have a lot of choices for that last one.
Guitars should begin recording this week.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Apr 12, 2010,
sick, can't wait to hear it. Especially with vocals, since the myspace tunes didn't have any last time i checked.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by Magero
King's vocals are awesome. Scary awesome. I just have this idea that it's how King talks normally. Seems to suit his build

Thanks dude.

Can't wait to finish this up so I have something with solid production to show around here.

All of the songs posted on the site (including the one with vocals) have been changed so this recording needed to happen.
I`m down

BYTEDIT: you guys got another guitarist, sweet

and you endorse vader cabs? i want to eat you. and rob you.
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Last edited by sound-byte at Apr 12, 2010,
I like the Facebook track. I usually get bored easily with brutal stuff because it's always the same sound constant throughout song after song. If you want to attract more progheads like me, add some diversity into song structures, styles and vocal techniques to elevate the intensity of grooves and breakdowns, but for a typical death fan, this is killer man. I'm always tired with shitty death growls, but yours is quite kickass especially with kickass music!
Quote by sound-byte
I`m down

BYTEDIT: you guys got another guitarist, sweet

and you endorse vader cabs? i want to eat you. and rob you.

We've actually had a second guitarist since around June of last year. Never had a bassist until now though.
Oddly enough, our ex-guitarist Tom decided to come back and take up bass. He's been practicing finger picking... I'm actually really excited because not only is he familiar with the old material that he wrote (about 80% of it) but he also has a really good sense of our drummers feel. That bassist-drummer connection is already built.

And good luck stealing that cab. Steve guards that shit with his life haha
Quote by fumb duck
Nice stuff king.

If you think this stuff is good just wait for the demo. Everything heard thus far is shit in comparison.

Quote by rgt42dx
I like the Facebook track. I usually get bored easily with brutal stuff because it's always the same sound constant throughout song after song. If you want to attract more progheads like me, add some diversity into song structures, styles and vocal techniques to elevate the intensity of grooves and breakdowns, but for a typical death fan, this is killer man. I'm always tired with shitty death growls, but yours is quite kickass especially with kickass music!

We never really venture out from the death metal realm... We have some melodic death influence in areas as well as brutal death slams but other than that we're pretty much straight up death metal.
My vocals are way more varied now than they were on the facebook recording as I embrace more of a mid-ranged growl favoring lows over highs(think Hour of Penance). One song has a bass-drum jazz feel in the intro that I think prog heads will like although it's not pretentious enough to drive away metalheads (like me )
I appreciate the critique and I hope you'll take the time to listen to us again once we get the demo up.

[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Ron will you sodomize me?
Only if I don't have to share.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Apr 13, 2010,
Page 1 of 3