Good morning UG. I'm looking to get an amp built by a local amp tech who has his own designs http://allstonamps.com/. I've played the green model which is OUT OF THIS WORLD. It's a very simple amp. Hi and Lo gain stages, Volume, and regular Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs. I asked him about customizing it, he said the only option on that amp is 15 watts instead of 30

this brings up a problem. I love reverb. I love using reverb when I play. So please UG recommend me a good reverb pedal to use with this amplifier, if such a thing exists out there in guitar land.
also another thing, I've never been a huge effect pedal guy. An OD and a wah were the most I ever used. Do reverb pedals need to be plugged into an effects loop?
Quote by ghiyath
also another thing, I've never been a huge effect pedal guy. An OD and a wah were the most I ever used. Do reverb pedals need to be plugged into an effects loop?

they will sound better that way
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
they don't have to be but i think they are better in the effects loop. i looked around for reverb pedals too because my matchless doesn't have it and i was impressed by the malekko spring chicken and the trex tonebug reverb. i was going to get a holy grail + but i only want spring reverb so i'm going to wait for the spring chicken to be available again.

and a warning, do not buy the nano holy grail, it is horrible and noisy and just overall dodgy.
Based on the fact that he's discontinued the spring chicken to make a new reverb (sort of), I'm guessing it'll sound good. Released next spring eh? Deliberate?

I recommend the spring chicken too, unless you want lots of features, and then the EHX Cathedral looks good, although I've never tried it.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Oct 25, 2009,
EHX Holy Grail Reverb. It suits my needs. Maybe yours too?? Just try some different ones out. Reverb has a lot to do with preference.