Hey! Okay, I know this is done a lot but I just want an idea. In a year or two, I'm getting a new guitar (not allowed one till then) & I want it to be a decent one that is a proper make (like a Taylor or summit). Anyway, I'm asking this now as I'm pretty short on cash, & I want to start saving money & have an idea of price ranges.
My only requests are that it is professional sounding, is electric-acoustic (if possible) & has a cutaway (not really too bothered about the cutaway though). I actually don't care tbh, I just want it to sound professional. I live in the UK but price range doesn't have to be in pounds. Just give me a decent guitar to save up for (btw, this is my 5th guitar & the most I've ever spent on one is about £100).
Thanks in advance.
WOW!! Thats hard to answer ,considering i live in CANADA,as far as money is concerened. i,d just save for the axe i wanted ..not the one i could afford
you'd be better off buying a non electric acoustic and putting in electronics yourself. the lower end acoustic electrics surely won't make you sound professional - which makes sense. if you could get pro electronics for cheap, why would anyone buy the expensive numbers? the same applies to most cheap acoustics. they don't sound professional because pro guitars are made of all solid wood and cheap guitars are all laminate, and usually not good quality laminate, which makes the sound even worse. you'll want a solid top guitar with laminate back and sides if at all possible.

cutaways cost more on decent guitars or even halfway decent. tio get everything you're talking about, you'd probably be talking fender, ovation or dean and they sure won't make you sound - or look - professional. i'd recommend getting the most expensive yamaha you can afford - preferably in the 700 series, not the 300 series or the thinline series. or if possible a seagull. at very least, get a yamaha fg700s, probably the best deal in solid top acoustics as it is well made, nice finish, good sound. i prefer the fg730s to it, or the fg720s, but the fg700s is a pretty nice guitar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-FG700S/dp/B000W77SBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256499030&sr=8-1

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/10097-yamaha-fg700s.html

Quote by Fieryhead
Hey! Okay, I know this is done a lot but I just want an idea. In a year or two, I'm getting a new guitar (not allowed one till then) & I want it to be a decent one that is a proper make (like a Taylor or summit). Anyway, I'm asking this now as I'm pretty short on cash, & I want to start saving money & have an idea of price ranges.
My only requests are that it is professional sounding, is electric-acoustic (if possible) & has a cutaway (not really too bothered about the cutaway though). I actually don't care tbh, I just want it to sound professional. I live in the UK but price range doesn't have to be in pounds. Just give me a decent guitar to save up for (btw, this is my 5th guitar & the most I've ever spent on one is about £100).
Thanks in advance.
Because you're in the UK and the prices are ridiculously high... I'd say that about 500GBP would be a good amount to save up to.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Because you're in the UK and the prices are ridiculously high... I'd say that about 500GBP would be a good amount to save up to.

Yeah true. That's why I go for cheap ones & didn't really care for sound, but now I'm kind of obsessed with sound haha.

Quote by patticake
you'd be better off buying a non electric acoustic and putting in electronics yourself. the lower end acoustic electrics surely won't make you sound professional - which makes sense. if you could get pro electronics for cheap, why would anyone buy the expensive numbers? the same applies to most cheap acoustics. they don't sound professional because pro guitars are made of all solid wood and cheap guitars are all laminate, and usually not good quality laminate, which makes the sound even worse. you'll want a solid top guitar with laminate back and sides if at all possible.

cutaways cost more on decent guitars or even halfway decent. tio get everything you're talking about, you'd probably be talking fender, ovation or dean and they sure won't make you sound - or look - professional. i'd recommend getting the most expensive yamaha you can afford - preferably in the 700 series, not the 300 series or the thinline series. or if possible a seagull. at very least, get a yamaha fg700s, probably the best deal in solid top acoustics as it is well made, nice finish, good sound. i prefer the fg730s to it, or the fg720s, but the fg700s is a pretty nice guitar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-FG70...56499030&sr=8-1

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/produ...aha-fg700s.html

Quote by Fieryhead

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the advice. The Yamaha FG730S looks nice & so does the FG700S. I'll start saving!
To save up to.

You mentioned Taylor.

Well, My informed opinion offers advice on 2 moderatley priced guitars.

One is the Instantly recognisable, tonal masterpiece that is the Taylor 214ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar. Sure, Its not nearly as tonally masterful as the 814ce, but its 3000 usd less, and the difference is really not that major.

There are plenty of reviews, and I've played both a new one in stores and a 3 year old, they both sound absolutley amazing. You really could not ask for anything better at that price.

The second guitar I offer Is cheaper, but it still retains the amazing bright projection that the taylor has and it looks sexier at the same time. Just dont get the black paint one.
Takamine EG235. This guitar could only get cooler to play onstage if it were adhered together with the semen of chuck norris.

Both fine guitars. Both very much worth it. Just there for consideration.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.