I participated in a cover of Ea, Lord of the depths.

The guitarist is quite good, so he said that he needed to get a bit drunk before he could capture the essence of Burzum (play poorly) with his guitar.

I did the vocals and some mixing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sLfp8bm6xs

grim as ****
From the code of common sense I'm free.
thanks sir

it's a pretty old cover and i did not get to be very creative with the vokillz

but that's ok because i will get to when we do our band
Great cover, sounds amazing.
However, for next time, remember that this is not the place to post covers, if a mod were to see this thread it would get locked.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
yeah, no covers allowed is a bullshit rule. We're discussing metal here as vintersemstre says
too many subforums here

why does it all have to be so separated?

where would i post a cover? can i not post covers anywhere on this entire forum?

i posted a metal cover in here because this is a metal forum. if there is some general cover posting thread, why bother? it's less likely to spark up a good metal discussion because plenty of people don't listen to metal. that's why i posted it in the metal forum.

dunno doesn't make sense to me not tryin to be a dick but come on
Quote by The Kreator
The production sounds better than the original. Overall amazing job

thanks man

i've never been particularly happy with the sound of the drums, although almost anything would be an improvement over Burzum's drums. They sound really awful to me.

also, the vocals aren't as good as i normally make them partially because this is an old cover but mostly because i was having some strange sore throat when i recorded them.
The vocals sounded fine to me.

Burzum covers are always interesting, because so few can capture the essence of Burzum, even if they play the same song.
Hmmm, you do have a point in that it'll get much overlooked if you stick it in the Covers forum.

How about I make a thread where everyone can stick their covers in? Hows that for a compromise?
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Hmmm, you do have a point in that it'll get much overlooked if you stick it in the Covers forum.

How about I make a thread where everyone can stick their covers in? Hows that for a compromise?

good idea
Quote by Dyer's Eve

works for me brother
Quote by Dyer's Eve

Fine idea. It would give me an excuse to not read industrial economics for a while and finish that black metal cover of Abba's Lay all your love on me I've been working on.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Oct 25, 2009,