Hey, I was wondering what electric guitar would be best to play stuff along the lines of Paramore, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blink 182 etc. The problem is that the guitars that I like the looks of are all for metal playing, such as Jackson Warriors and kellys.

This will be my first electric, I've been playing acoustic for about a year and a half and will be getting an electric for xmas.

Any help would be appreciated =]
Well what is your price range... and since you have been playing acoustic imma recommend yeh an amp to..

An epiphone les paul with a vox amplifier.. i'm not 100% sure on what kind of vox though
Strats, teles, and les pauls.

Taking Back Sunday used SG's for an album or two
Paramore used Les Pauls on their first two albums, and 72 teles on their new one and live shows
Blink 182 used/uses strats for almost all of their albums. I'm not 100% on that because I am not a huge fan, but yeah.

Other bands like The Academy Is play teles as well.

Yes, the guitars you look at are for metal. However some bands (Saosin) play Ibanez.
me:
Fender 72 custom deluxe tele (black)
Fender 72 Thinline Tele (natural)
Gibson Les Paul Studio (cherry sunburst)
Gibson Les Paul Classic (black)
Blueridge acoustic (amazing!)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 half
Vox AC-100 CPH half
hmm, 30 seconds to mars use les pauls, blink 182 used strats and now gibson guitars, paramore is mentioned earlier, also i agree, you should buy a amp with the guitar, a epiphone les paul has a great sound for this music, as well does a squier tele of strat, but you could also use a jackson, dexter from the offspring uses one and the band strung out to (check them out), i would go intuition on the guitars i named, they will do great, just buy a amp with some nice distortion and you're all right
Dude...
Even if you did use a pretty metal looking guitar, you wouldn't be the first.

But if you're looking for something specifically for alternative/punk, your best bet is to go for the simple/classic look, like a Stratocaster or a Les Paul. Personally, I'd go for a Fender Jazzmaster for alternative rock, myself.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
You can use a Warrior for punk and alternative, just go to a guitar store and try it yourself.