...over my band's drummer. The situation is, my amp was doing just fine, our mix was pretty clear. Then we started renting out a new practice space, and its considerably larger than our old one. And ever since we moved all our stuff in there and started playing, everyone can barely hear my amp. I can only hear it if I stand right next to it, and at the volume I have it at, It'll feedback tremendously if I stand that close. Its a peavey vypyr 75w. Does anyone have any idea how that could happen, and how I could fix the issue and perhaps get my amp a little louder?
would any of these help you?: noisegate, volume pedal, amp turned to max volume?, or new amp head.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
It's due to it being in a bigger room. . You can't do much about it, apart from maybe leaning it upwards a bit, to get the sound moving further.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
i dont know much but since its a bigger space the sound from ur amp is going everywhr instead of being concetrated in ur previous smaller room. as for how to fix it i dont know.
Mic it up to a P.A. System
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
u could probably put something to direct/project the sound towards whrever u stand...for example when someone yells and cups their hands its actually so the sound goes to the person they yell at and not everywhr.
Mic it up to a P.A. System

Thats actually what I was just considering doing. but our PA set up sounds like absolute shit. I guess that doesn't matter so much in a practice room though.

It's due to it being in a bigger room. . You can't do much about it, apart from maybe leaning it upwards a bit, to get the sound moving further.

Alright...do you think elevating it would help, too?

would any of these help you?: noisegate, volume pedal, amp turned to max volume?, or new amp head.

Probably (besides the new head, considering is a combo.) but I'm trying to save money at the moment, so I can buy the sanpera pedal for the vypyr. ...or as it would seem now, a louder amp :P
Quote by Thomasoman

Probably (besides the new head, considering is a combo.) but I'm trying to save money at the moment, so I can buy the sanpera pedal for the vypyr. ...or as it would seem now, a louder amp :P

The Vypyr is very loud. Your problem isn't with volume but projection. Get it off the ground and it will be more than heard.

Put it on a table or something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
A 75 W amp should be plenty of power to play with drums under normal situations. Is the flooring or wall coverings different in your new space? Aside being larger, rooms that are more reflective accentuate different frequencies more. In a hollow sounding room, drums can get downright boomy and sound much louder.
You may be able to aleviate this somewhat by setting the drums up on a piece of carpet and adding absorbing panels around the area. (a cheap way to do this is glue square egg cartons onto cardboard and hang it up).
Moving on.....
The Vypyr is very loud. Your problem isn't with volume but projection. Get it off the ground and it will be more than heard.

Put it on a table or something.

Now that I think about it, in our old space (which was half the size of our new one) I had it sitting on a small desk, so I'll definitely try that.

A 75 W amp should be plenty of power to play with drums under normal situations. Is the flooring or wall coverings different in your new space? Aside being larger, rooms that are more reflective accentuate different frequencies more. In a hollow sounding room, drums can get downright boomy and sound much louder.
You may be able to aleviate this somewhat by setting the drums up on a piece of carpet and adding absorbing panels around the area. (a cheap way to do this is glue square egg cartons onto cardboard and hang it up).

Actually yeah, the wall is wood paneled where as our last space was just normal drywall. The floor is still carpeted though. I'll try the egg carton thing, thanks.